Buying Pickups

Status
Not open for further replies.

adferrendelli

I have a mexican strat, i like how it plays, but i would really like a better sound. I want to get new pickups, but i dont know where to start. ive heard good and bad things about all different sorts of pickups and i dont want to go buying somthing that is going to end up sounding not-so-great. how can i hear different pickups, and what are some reccommendations for pickups that sound good both clean and distorted.

most here suggest guitarfetish.com good pickups and cheaper than name brands from all the reviews but the customer service leaves something to be desired.

The real problem is hearing them before you buy.

Seymour Duncan http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/electric/stratocaster/ has a feature where you can listen to each pickup.

I didn't check out the current setup, but when the neck pickup on my Les Paul demagnetized I checked out the various mini-humbuckers at their website, and found a model that had the sound I wanted.

I happen to like SD pickups. All of my basses (a '51 Precision reissue, two split-coil Ps and a fretless Jazz: Quarter Pound on the first three, Antiquity II on the last) and my LP have them.

I've played guitars with DiMarzios (come to think of it, I had DiMarzios in my Carvin bass) but somehow the SDs are my current faves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back