buying new DAW - who should I buy from?

RichyRich

The names mentioned thus far are...

studio cat (Jim)
ADK
Sonata

I was ready to go with this to purchase...
Intel Q9550 CPU on Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R motherboard, Zalman
CNPS9500 cooler
250GB Seagate SATA hard drive
500GB Seagate SATA hard drive
24X DVD-RW drive by Lite-On
4GB DDR2 800Mhz RAM (2 x 2GB)
Asus Silent GeForce 8400GS dual-head video card
Antec Take 4 650 case w/ 650 watt power supply
Windows XP Home installed and on CD

the company that I spoke with went under. Any Suggestions as to who I should buy from? I checked out StudioCat website but I'd prefer a rack mounted case and they don't seem to have. If I have to do without than I will. I am likely to get a whole different system altogether than the one listed above. I am open for suggestion and I am likely to a lot of faith in whoever builds this for me. thanks in advance. Rick

I've heard good things about ADK and the owner also posts fairly regularly at studio central and gear slutz and seems pretty well respected

This will be for personal use. Here is part of my statement to different companies, explaining my intentions. I'm thinking something in the $1600 range will do... the one I mentioned (w/ specs) was around $1450. Thanks for the help...

I’m looking to buy a new DAW. I'm a musician (drummer mostly) who jumped in to recording. I'm not a computer wiz - troubleshooting, when the need arises, is very painful. I’ve been using my home pc and decided to now buy a DAW dedicated to this stuff. This is only a hobby; I have no real aspirations to pursue anything. I just want to have fun and create a quality product.

I have a fragmented idea of what I want but need to have it fine tuned. I was ready to purchase from a competitor whom recently went out of business. He recommended you guys.

This information may be useless… but this is what I currently have...
Presonus FireStudio Project - 10 x 10 Firewire interface – 8 XMAX PreAmps
Cubase Studio 4
ToonTrack - EZ Drummer w/ Superior drummer 2.0 crossgrade and dfh Expansion -
VExpressions drummers dream for Roland TD12.
Behringer B2031A external monitors

I’d like a rack mounted case. Please recommend what you feel will be best for my application – recording rock and classic rock music via mostly live instruments - guitars, drums, vocals, etc..

Back