Buying Microphones From The US

rapedbyape

Has anybody on here living in the UK bought any mics from the US? The actual prices work out a hell of a lot cheaper with the rather marvellous exchange rate at the minute, but I was wondering if anyone knew what kind of charges Customs & Excise whack onto microphones. It might not be worth buying mics from America depending on what the charges work out as.

Ta.

rapedbyape said:
Has anybody on here living in the UK bought any mics from the US? The actual prices work out a hell of a lot cheaper with the rather marvellous exchange rate at the minute, but I was wondering if anyone knew what kind of charges Customs & Excise whack onto microphones. It might not be worth buying mics from America depending on what the charges work out as.

Ta.

Well I live in ireland and wouldn't dream of buying mics in the UK or Ireland - generally if its £250 in the uk its $250 in the states. I buy most heavy stuff from thomann - www.thomann.de - they have flat shipping rates. Anything I buy from the states I get on ebay I find that customs here is only charged on items that come through fedex.

UK prices are scandalous I recommend you look at,

www.thomann.de
www.musicstore.de
www.musikproduktiv.de

I live in Norway, and here too the prices are ridicolous for microphones. I found a nice deal with Musiciansadvocate on ebay for akg c451b.

Back