Buying an Alesis Multimix fw 16

geraci89

hey everyone, I was planning on getting one of these, along with a brand new cpu. any suggestions on the specs i should be looking for on average as far as speed and memory go? the most i would normally be recording at once is about 6 tracks onto cubase le or se for the drums, but if i decide to do live cuts itd be handy to be safe for that. I'm not really looking into a mac though since im not going to be the only other user, plus as good as they are i find them to be a bit overpriced and i dont have money coming out of my ass :) . anything else is basically fair game.

geraci89 said:
hey everyone, I was planning on getting one of these, along with a brand new cpu. any suggestions on the specs i should be looking for on average as far as speed and memory go? the most i would normally be recording at once is about 6 tracks onto cubase le or se for the drums, but if i decide to do live cuts itd be handy to be safe for that. I'm not really looking into a mac though since im not going to be the only other user, plus as good as they are i find them to be a bit overpriced and i dont have money coming out of my ass :) . anything else is basically fair game.

http://www.alesis.com/product.php?id=94 :cool:

Minimum System Requirements:

Windows:
• Windows XP Service Pack 2
(Windows Installer 3.1 component from .NET required)
• 1 GHz Pentium processor or higher
• 256 MB RAM (512 or higher preferred)
• 4,200 RPM hard drive for basic recording
(5,400 or higher preferred for multi-track recording and playback)

Mac:
• OS X 10.3 or higher
• G4 or higher processor (PowerPC or Intel CPU)
• 256 MB RAM (512 or higher preferred)
• 4,200 RPM hard drive for basic recording
(5,400 or higher preferred for multi-track recording and playback)

Dimensions & Weight
• 13.0" x 15.2" x 3.2" (W x H x D)
331mm x 386mm x 80mm
• 10.1 Lbs./4.6 Kg.(excluding power supply)

Back