buying a vocal booth from vocalbooth.com

Rassizzm

the house I'm in I don't own...neither do I rent...I stay with a family member (uncle)...we have a good arangement...but he doesn't want me tearing down walls or building them...and this would be the best way to get a vocal booth....I'm going to buy the vocal booth at vocalbooth.com I want to know if this is a good Idea????....if you take a look I'm going to buy the one that 6x6
this is what it says about the booth

6'x 6' Sound Room
Standard features include: a foam core door, two 3½" cable tubes, 1¾" barrier wall and 2" acoustic foam. Also included is a door window, 3'x3' window, one ventilation system, light and rubber sub floor mat. Over $500 savings.
$3,895

Just seems like a bit of a waste of money to me. You could save that money for a down payment on a house :) or rent a place where you can be a bit louder.
If you absolutely MUST stay at your uncle's place (isn't that more information than we wanted to know?) then I guess it's a great deal, you save $500 the way you want to do it.
Just keep in mind that you still have to buy some quality studio foam to put inside this booth, or else it's going to sound like a bathroom. Or an echo chamber as some people like to call it. The foam will probably make up that $500 you saved, so it's still a good deal.

Build yer own....

I built myself a vocal booth that is 6ft. long, 4ft. wide, 7ft. high, and has a 1 1/2ft. by 5 1/2ft. dual pane window.
The exterior is 1/2" thick plywood. The interior is 1 1/2" styrofoam, with 2" Auralex-wedge studiofoam over that. The frame is all standard 2 by 4.
This booth is practically air-tight and is as dead as you can get in there. I bought all the materials at Home Depot... except for the Auralex foam, of course!
It doesn't take a genius to do this. If I can do it, anyone can... believe me! ;)

Total cost: $700
Total time of construction: Approximately 12 hours.

The fit and finish is excellent. It looks AND sounds like a professionally made vocal booth.
Everyone who's ever seen my studio has marveled at this thing.
Why pay someone else for something you can do yourself?

Back