Buying a new guitar, need advice

Finally got around to researching some of these guitars ( got ripped off on ebay so been busy trying to hunt the guy down)

Anyway, the Yamaha 1220 sounds like it's a winner. Read alot of good things about them. Kicking myself in the ass for letting that 1220A on ebay you linked slip away.

Whats the differences between the 1212, the 1220, and the 1221? Looks like the 1220 is 2 pickup and the 1221 is 3.

If anyone comes across any of these being sold please let me know.

I'm still in good financial shape to buy something like a PRS and mesa and am considering buying something cheaper like the Yamaha as well and fix it up some.

Thanks guys.

heres my .02 If you are going to be totally choosy about your rig(which you damn well should be!). Dont buy on ebay or used on the net. YES, there are tons of gems out there, but trust me........there is so much variation from box to box that even if the one that sounds/feels best in the local store will deffinately be a different animal from the one ya order.

If youre not in a hurry, check the local want ads, and put the word out w/ musicians that youre in the market.

Bottom line, you will be much happier if you test drive the actual model youre getting.

Back