Buying 1/4" Tape

Zonal 700 in 10.5 in. NAB hub ( item 83-333 ) is pancake and backcoat.
1/4 inch width as The ghost of FM said.
Just received 10 reels from Canford,shipped by UPS to me.
It work fine with Tascam 32.

I can't say I recommend 700 if you're doing a lot of editing. One thing I found during my editing spree (part of which was captured on YouTube) was that the backcoating tended to come off with the splicing tape if you have to undo/redo a splice. Doesn't harm the recording itself of course, but it was annoying.

That said, I should really try it with RMGI and 456 as well, just to make sure it's not the splicing tape being extremely strong or something I've done wrong in my ignorance...

In any case, if you're just using it for recording and never cutting the tape, it's good stuff.
Oh! Remember that the 10.5" Zonal stuff doesn't come on a spool, so you'll either need to buy some of those tacky plastic ones or some empty metal spools from Studiospares.

I can't say I recommend 700 if you're doing a lot of editing. One thing I found during my editing spree (part of which was captured on YouTube) was that the backcoating tended to come off with the splicing tape if you have to undo/redo a splice. Doesn't harm the recording itself of course, but it was annoying.

That said, I should really try it with RMGI and 456 as well, just to make sure it's not the splicing tape being extremely strong or something I've done wrong in my ignorance...

In any case, if you're just using it for recording and never cutting the tape, it's good stuff.
Oh! Remember that the 10.5" Zonal stuff doesn't come on a spool, so you'll either need to buy some of those tacky plastic ones or some empty metal spools from Studiospares.

I tracked down your You Tube post after reading this quote and watched it.

Are you Doug the Eagle?

If so, your stuff rocks!

If not, then the stuff on You Tube was awesome, too.

-MD

Are you Doug the Eagle?
If so, your stuff rocks!

Thanks! Only now I see the flaw in using the same pseudonym for two completely separate projects, since you could either be referring to the music or the anti-walkthroughs for Deus Ex and stuff. But I'll assume you meant the music :p

Thanks! Only now I see the flaw in using the same pseudonym for two completely separate projects, since you could either be referring to the music or the anti-walkthroughs for Deus Ex and stuff. But I'll assume you meant the music :p

I don't know what Deus Ex is, but your music's awesome!

-MD

I don't know what Deus Ex is, but your music's awesome!

Thanks. The fourth album is coming up.
Anyway. The thing is you see, that the name 'DOUG the Eagle' came from a character I designed some 15 years ago for a game project. When I first got on the internet a few years later, I used that as a pseudonym. Under this name I wrote a series of humourous walkthroughs for various computer games which tore them apart and tried to complete them using as many bugs as possible, and pointing out all the inconsistencies I could find.
When I started doing the music thing, I used the name again since it had, shall we say, a 'brand name' attached to it by then.

If you're curious, the main website is in my profile. I mentioned 'Deus Ex' because it's the most popular of my walkthroughs, going by the bandwidth usage anyway...

Back