burning to disk

tj jr.

i got an md8 track recorder and I usually use the monitor outs which are rca and i have an rca to headphone jack converter. i plug the rca into the md8 and the headphone jack into the mic input on my soundblaster live. then i run cool edit and record it that way. Is there a better way i could do this??? (without getting a new sound card) Then i usualy use adaptec and burn the wav to cd. It s different sounding every time. so if i have 5 songs on one cd ,, i have to adjust the bass and volume of each individual song. thanx in advance,,
tj

You have different recording of same song from md8 to computer software thru same connection and same settings, in a row ?
Do you have bad cables or connectors ? Do you have digital out on md8 and digital in on soundblaster ( live, with front panel ? ) connectors ? Do you change monitor level ( you are using monitor out on md8 ), for every song ? Try to record with louder output, because low level digital recording really change sound.

Also,

Compare the wav files. Chances are they sound different. I don't know if Cool Edit will do this, but you need to make EQ and level adjustments on each song so to make them sound comparable. Then save the adjusted songs as new wav files. Then burn the new wav files to CD.

Matt

Back