Burning Audio CD's: Cubase 8 Pro and Win 7

Obi-Wan zenabI

Had a heck of a time trying to burn copies of a family Christmas album we recorded with the kids and my sister to CD on my windows machine.

The only thing I could eventually get to work was to export audio mix down as mp3, and then burn them to the CD using windows media player to re convert them to 44.1 .wav onto the CD.

Obviously, that sucks. Do I need a separate app to make this work? Can I defeat Windows media's obnoxious refusal to burn audio files the I recorded and created because they don't contain whatever write-protect code?

I miss the days of scotch tape over the tabs on my cassettes.

You must be doing something wrong. However, if your wave files are not in 16/44 they will not burn. This is probably the problem. I have used media play to do what you are wanting, but the files are in CD ready format (16/44). Try it, I am 99.9% sure it will work for you.

I record in 44. Not sure about 16 bit, will check. Glad it's probably something that simple.

Time to make a St. Patrick's day album!

It is just what Cubase runs at. More headroom.

Actually after looking at my 'Project Setup' I am running at 24-bit myself. My interface is running at 24-bit so not sure it matters to be honest.

Gonna have to do some research on this...

It is just what Cubase runs at. More headroom.

Actually after looking at my 'Project Setup' I am running at 24-bit myself. My interface is running at 24-bit so not sure it matters to be honest.

Gonna have to do some research on this...
Will higher bit width (is it width we're talking?) cause my $300 office max bare bones tower to lose number crunching headroom, though?

Back