Burning a CD from a 424 mkII

rondallowens

I did a quick scan and didn't find this subject, so here goes...

I am currently recording on a 424 mkII, and I am wondering what would be the best way to mix down to a CD.

I am wondering if something like using a hhb BurnIt, utilizing the onboard converters...?

There has to be a way...

Alesis Masterlink is GREAT, but...

... I only have a $300-$400 limit (Masterlink is $999).

Has anyone ever done this?

Most topics I've read are from people who are recording on their 4 track, then dumping tracks down to their PC, THEN burning a CD.

I'd like to make them from my 4 track down to a stand alone CD burner.

I'd like to think that I'm not the only person who is still using a 4 track that is trying to make CD's this way.

Thanks,

Ron

I agree with Blue Bear! I understand $300-400 limit, but if you look around and be patient you can find great deals out there. I found a masterlink in tradin times for $650.00. I picked it up the next day, brand new, everything still in plastic, I couldn't believe it.Sure, you can find a variety of burners in that price range but if your patient you might find a little bit more for your money.Forget ebay I've been burned more than once hence my adat experience(blue bear), never again. There asking sometimes as much as $1200.00 on ebay for the masterlink.I'd like to know what there smoking or they might live in alaska or something considering there going for around $1000.00 new. Anyway's if your looking to buy immediately there are options, otherwise Masterlink!!!!!!!!!!

Can I burn from a 4 track?

I was wonndering as well how to get a four track recording and get it burnt on to cd> What do I need?
Can I somehow just run cords from my four track to a burner?

Help please.

Re: Can I burn from a 4 track?

MeanMrMustard said:
I was wonndering as well how to get a four track recording and get it burnt on to cd> What do I need?
Can I somehow just run cords from my four track to a burner?

Help please.

Check out the Tascam CDRW-4U. Saw it in a crumby DJ rag today. Haven't had a chance to do any research on it yet, but claims to have analog inputs. I think the price on it was around $460. Might be what you're looking for:D

In my eyes it seems better to DO copy it to your computer before burning..... this way you are able to re-master it on your PC... I have just discovered the great improvements between mastering on the 424 MK II or doing it on the computer....

If you do it this way you can link your computer to the external burner right?

Back