.BUN problems in cakewalk 9

MASTON

OK,

I'm making my first back-ups using .bun files (cakewalk 9.0, win98, notSE) and I save it as a .bun and then reload it and I get
'general error', and it wont open....

thats not a very good back up is it...

so i try some other files and some are Ok and some aren't...

then I take the offending files and kill one or two tracks in the wrk file and then save it as a bun and it reloads fine....

so anybody know what's going on...and how to fix it

is there a patch??

Maston

I think Cakewalk patched PA9 up through 9.03. Is that the version you're running?

Don't know what your problem might be, but you are very wise to check the files before deleting your .wrk files.

I suspect you could have a misbehaving plug-in. When you delete a track and then it seems to backup ok, is there a plug-in patched onto the track you deleted? Does there seem to be a rhymye or reason as to what works - i.e., is the same plugin on all the tracks you delete when you can get the .bun to work?

I'm running pa 9.00, I'll try and get an upgrade/patch

no, no plug-ins on tracks I delete. pattern seems to be delete the last track, or last two tracks, and then its OK.

oh yeah, and I've found another problem now:

on another track it says, 'please delete events containing missng audio before saving as a bundle'

cept there is no missing audio?

Maston

OK,

dachay: Updated to 9.02, and the buns load back up no problem now. Cool...

still getiing that 'cant save cos of missing audio problem' though on one track...any ideas

cheers

Maston

Its been a while since I've used PA9 -- I'm using Sonar2.1 now, which I highly recommend as an upgrade. In the meantime, if I recall correctly, there is a "search" function where the program can hunt around and try to find the missing audio. I know there is in Sonar, but I thought it was in PA9 as well.

Good luck,
-lee-

Though not a fix for the bun problem, you still could make a copy of you project and data files to a second safe place untill you get the bug worked out. It'll probably be a bit bigger, but still a good safety.
Good luck.
Wayne

Missing Audio...

I just encountered that this weekend. Somehow, there is a track that IS missing audio. It appeared on mine as a blank area between two waves. Here's how I found it:

1). Save the file under another name so you can play with it.
2). Figure out which track is offending, like you did before.
3). When you have found the track, look for the dead areas.
4). Solo and play the dead areas and see if anything funny happens.
5). When the dead area is found, record some "dead air" into the spot and try saving it.

Good luck.

Randell

Back