Building Studio to monitors

Noah Nelson

I wanted to build a room to mix in, I have 7" monitor speakers (yamaha ns10t) and i want the best setup! what would be the ideal room size to mix in and where would speakers be placed?

:facepalm: 24'w x 38'l x 12'h, no parallel walls. Seriously, dude, do some reading - there are some excellent books on acoustics and studio design. What's your budget, $30K- $40K?

I wanted to build a room to mix in, I have 7" monitor speakers (yamaha ns10t) and i want the best setup! what would be the ideal room size to mix in and where would speakers be placed?

I just saw this post.

I had a pair of NS10t's. I gave them to a friend. Not even a good one....I bought them for $100 so not like I lost much for trying.

You will have a hard time mixing on these speakers alone IMO. No low end and very thin sounding. They can be a good alternate monitor, if you know what you are looking for with them.

I did not find mine to be as worthy and some say the NS10's are in the big studios. That 'if it sounds great on NS10's then it will sound great on anything' is complete BS IMO. There is just such a lack in frequency response to begin with, that a final mix cannot be done with them alone IMO.

I would look into other options for monitors as well as room treatment. Do you have options as far as room size? Are you building something?

Back