Building My Studio...Where to Start?

hsnkw0.jpg

Thoughts?

Go through THESE pictures. ;)

I've been through his. Just wondering if the way i was planning on setting it up was fine. or if i'm missing anything.

Wouldn't mind knowing which one's need to be bass traps instead of just 2" panels

If I were you, I would present this picture in a new thread at Gearslutz in the Studio Building/Acoustics forum. There are many way qualified people who will answer your question much better than I. I am not sure what is best with your extruding areas. They will have better advice.

From what I have learned, You want at very least, 4" from floor to ceiling in the corners. Superchunk type would be even better. Your first reflection points, including a panel above (cloud), could probably be just 2", but considering the small space you have, the best would probably be to straddle all or the wall to ceiling corners with 4" panels as well. Again, get advice from the pro's. I have just learned from them.

but hopefully they won't get pissed about me posting a thread on how i built my mac pro desktop for less than half of what they sell them for :p

Hahaha. I wouldn't mind building them for people. and making some money off that :]

real quick back on the studio, I started looking up Roxul saf n' sound that fine with a wood frame around it and burlap also?

Yep. It is actually better than 703 for low end and waaaaaay cheaper. It just needs more support as it is not as rigid.

Cool. Cause i believe thats what i'm getting. Now since it's 3" instead of 2" will i have to double up for bass traps or can i just make the 3" ones.

Yes. The four corners we all call corners, are the best place so start with bass traps. Wall to floor and wall to ceiling is also a corner that bass builds up in as well. You would best use your space by adding more traps at the ceiling corners. You cover more surface area by straddling a corner. In a room your size, it would be impossible to use too many bass traps in corners. Overkill on walls could make the room 'dead'.

Humm, ok.

There's two circumstances i have to work around. Transporting the panels, and putting them on the wall.

Oh i meant well if i'm moving them then it will be tough to have exactly what i want/NEED. I would love to have full corners and edges but that's not going to happen. So i need to figure out what i can do for now that will be best.

I posted the picture if you want to save it and draw on it, then upload to tiny pic and post back to me as instead of typing it out unless you'd rather type.
If you don't want to do any of that i can type out what i would like to do and you can just say yes or no :p

Back