Building around a Zoom R24

D33_Villain

So, I've been pursuing music for a almost 2 years and have decided to slowly but surely build my own recording studio because no body in my area wants to help me produce quality music or if they are willing its for a price I cant afford -__- So I decided to take my desktop computer, the Zoom R24 Interface, & condenser mic that I already have and create my own beginner studio and learn how to record/produce my own music.

Only thing is that I dont know which direction to head next! Money isn't really the issue because I'm setting aside $$$ from my paychecks to save for equipment. Like I said, I already have a R24 (for some reason it was the first thing I bought) so I need advice on how to build around it...

Any ideas?

So, I've been pursuing music for a almost 2 years and have decided to slowly but surely build my own recording studio because no body in my area wants to help me produce quality music or if they are willing its for a price I cant afford -__- So I decided to take my desktop computer, the Zoom R24 Interface, & condenser mic that I already have and create my own beginner studio and learn how to record/produce my own music.

Only thing is that I dont know which direction to head next! Money isn't really the issue because I'm setting aside $$$ from my paychecks to save for equipment. Like I said, I already have a R24 (for some reason it was the first thing I bought) so I need advice on how to build around it...

Any ideas?

Since you mention only the R24, a condenser mic and your computer I'll have to assume that is actually all you have. My next purchase would be a decent set of studio monitors. They range widely in price, but there's no need to break the bank. I have a set of M-Audio monitors I got a few years ago as part of a recording package deal with a condenser mic, stand, pop filter, mic cord and blank CDs and they do fine. When you record you want to get a true representation of what you've done. Good luck!

Back