Building Absorbers - Will Fiberglass Mesh work?

dudernut

I am building 24 or more broadband absorbers for wall and cloud panels. Already bought a whole bunch of Roxul, and I'm now looking for the fabric to cover them. I was surprised how much even simple burlap costs (especially in black to retain some sort of sleek aesthetic). I found this roll of black screen mesh and was wondering if it would do the job and hopefully mostly visually mask the insulation. Anyone have any insight? It is supposedly 18x16 mesh (standard window screen).

CRL Charcoal Fiberglass 60" Screen Wire - 100' Roll - CF60 - Screen Door Hardware - Amazon.com

You could probably use that, but do you have an IKEA around, or some place you can by cheap bedspreads or fabric? I use bedspreads from IKEA--at $16.00 or so for a 96 inch by 48 inch (or something like that) I can make two 4 x 2 foot traps.18.jpg That's them on the walls--the one with the wrinkle is actually a cheap dropcloth that I paid ten bucks for. I had a bitch of a time stretching the fabric, hence the wrinkle. The one in the back has a cheap IKEA throw rug nailed to the front--the rugs are the perfect width for the two footers--2 are nailed over the front, over-lapping. The cover underneath is the afore-mentioned bedspread. They look pretty good, and if you want, you can stain and varnish the wood frames, but I almost always leave the number 2 pine frames raw.

Back