Building A New Desk

It's for his home studio, so I'm guessing around the same size.
My business is design for home studio's, as the music industry is moving more towards home studio work and leaving the big studio's for drum tracking and mixing!
I'll post the build thread.

How large of a desk will this next one be?

Just finishing up the last of the final touches on his desk. His name is Rob Stephanson.
It was 73" he wanted the continuous shelf on top with some rack space in the middle.
It tuned out he's starting his own commercial studio and the desk was for that.
I'll be going there next week to take some pictures of his studio.
I'll post some pictures of it next week!

Your new desk is Very Nice!
Thanks for sharing.
What did it cost to build?
Mine cost only $50 to build a few years ago.
$50DIYDESKREDUCED.jpg

Good looking desk, what type of fasteners do you use on the joints? I've avoided using mdf because I think the joints to be too labor intensive. (no facts to back up that assumption) I just finished a desk of my own, as soon as I can get one of my teenage sons show me how to do it, I'll post some desk and sound absorber photos.

Good looking desk, what type of fasteners do you use on the joints? I've avoided using mdf because I think the joints to be too labor intensive. (no facts to back up that assumption) I just finished a desk of my own, as soon as I can get one of my teenage sons show me how to do it, I'll post some desk and sound absorber photos.

Hi There Wanna,

Well we do the time tested Glue and Screw. We use PL800 as that stuff is the best adhesive on the market for this type of work. Our Desks come in 4 pieces. (Legs x2; tabletop and rack-tops; bracing shelf).
I'm looking forward to see your photo's.

Very nice sir. I roll my own too. I built my console stand and racks out of 3/4" oak plywood.

Hi There Wanna,

Well we do the time tested Glue and Screw. We use PL800 as that stuff is the best adhesive on the market for this type of work. Our Desks come in 4 pieces. (Legs x2; tabletop and rack-tops; bracing shelf).
I'm looking forward to see your photo's.
I posted some photos in the let me see your studio section it was a painful experience, a lot of pics wouldn't show up. I'll try a few here.View attachment 70365View attachment 70366DSCN1035.jpgView attachment 70368

Last edited:
Back