Building A New Desk

CapacityWKS.

I'm building a workstation for my music room at home.
I sold my old one to a mastering engineer.
So I came up with a new design.
I'll post more pictures as the build progresses!
What do you think?

Attachments

• New Workstation - dry fit.jpg
    New Workstation - dry fit.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 462
  • IMG00258-20111120-1527.jpg
    IMG00258-20111120-1527.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 454
  • IMG00256-20111120-1510.jpg
    IMG00256-20111120-1510.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 451
very nice! What type of wood are you using and how wide is it?

Personally, I'm dreading the idea of having to build my own desk eventually lol. But I'm running out of space.

gotcha, so kind of like the old one from the other thread then. When ever I build mine, I have to remember arm rest!

You got it. I had a lot of people want a desk with a continuous shelf so to put dual monitors and that would fit speakers.
On the bottom, I'm adding doors, so a computer will fit in and you can access the backs of the racked gear from the front as well.
I think it'll be the best one I've done so far!

Very impressive sir. Your projects have inspired me to finish mine faster. Should have some pics up by this weekend. I loved your trim on the the previous project you help design for another member on here. I think that was you?

Could be, I am willing to help anyone who wants it.
Well, the last couple of days have been spraying and finishing and I haven't really taken pictures.
I'll take a few more pictures over the next couple of days and the finished product!
Cheers.

Man, that is nice. Can't wait to see how it turns out. Never occured to me to build my own. I'm not very handy, though. Truth of the matter is, however, that I will not find a desk to hold 3 large computer montiors and 2 audio monitors unless I build it myself.

I've been toying with ideas for a desk also. You gave me some ideas here.

Thanks!!

Nice job. It looks great.

Where are your racks going?

BTW here is the one I built (older pic, my rack gear has changed and increased).

100_0907.jpg

(before the racks went on and the slide out keyboard drawer)
100_0761.jpg

Man, that is nice. Can't wait to see how it turns out. Never occured to me to build my own. I'm not very handy, though. Truth of the matter is, however, that I will not find a desk to hold 3 large computer montiors and 2 audio monitors unless I build it myself.

Thanks Man!
What size are your monitors?
This desk is 72 inches long. So it could probably fit three monitors. Then get/make some speakers stands.

Where are your racks going?

The racks are on top on either side where the holes are.
That's a nice looking desk you have there.
Is that made of 3/4" ply? I like the use of edge banding you did on it.
And the lights are a really nice touch and making a spot for your discs and such is a great idea.
Great work!

Man I'm kind of really inspired to try and build my own now lol. Both of those look amazing!

Do you want some help with the design?
If you have the dimensions and a layout of your room, I can do up a CAD for you.
Designing is one of my favorite part of the process.

Things to consider:
- How much gear you want to rack up? (now and in the near future)
- Do you need room for any mixers on top?
- Space restrictions? are there any?

Let me know if I can help.

Back