Building 703 panels... (how?) And Treating Small Room

Dude, I've mixed in a corner for a long period of time, and if you can get out of the corner, DO IT! Not only do you have no idea what's going on in the bass, but you get stronger reflections from the monitor in the corner, which means any stereo imaging you're doing is all screwed up. Not only that but the levels of any instruments panned on the corner side will sound stronger. I personally am tearing down a wall and moving everything around to get out of the corner. If the fix is as easy as getting a stand, do it. There's good DIY info somewhere here on how to make your own stands, too.

Seems to be good advice... since youve been there I'll take youur advice... because I want to start out with the best possible space for recording and mixing as possible with this limited room. :(

Any answers to my above questions though?

ThaArtist said:
- For making the 703 panels can I use adhesive to get the cloth to stay tighter against the 703 (such as spray glue) or will that defeat the purpose? I want them to look nice....Any thoughts?
We used iron-on adhesive. I think it was 7/8" wide (maybe 5/8"). I found it in the Fabric department at Wal Mart.

The key to making them look nice is wrapping the fabric tightly. My wife had to show to me how to use sewing pins to pin up the fabric nice and snug... lol! I did this to varying degrees of effectiveness. It really is like wrapping a christmas present.

We had two irons going-- two people can get in a rhythm and really knock them out pretty fast. Get the irons pretty hot and the adhesive melts faster.

Attachments

• Room3.jpg
    Room3.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 148
I think this room just sucks for recording in... 3 DOOR WAYS! 3 WINDOWS! LOL...

thats just rediculous right?!?!

DAMIT! It's gonna be so damn tricky and im not sure what to do about the microphone corner... Just a big bass trap?

ANYONE?

joe

Back