Bubba Watson to paint over Dukes of Hazzard car Confederate flag

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's next, remove Swastikas from all books, pictures and video regarding WWII?

Historical things should be embraced to show how the civilized world has moved on and evolved, not wiped from history because it might upset a few folk.

I'm sorry to report that the Swastika is already banned. I do a bit of supply teaching and got asked one day to do history about WW2. WW2 aircraft are always pictured without the Swastika, just the cross. I drew a Swastika on the board and one of the kids said in a whisper. Sire - rub it off, it's banned. It's banned in Germany, and as we're all 'harmonised', it's not actually banned in the UK, but just not used, in case. If you Google GCSE history ww2 luftwaffe - the number of swastikas in the images in rather small, and most designed for young people to use are crosses!

I'm sorry to report that the Swastika is already banned. I do a bit of supply teaching and got asked one day to do history about WW2. WW2 aircraft are always pictured without the Swastika, just the cross. I drew a Swastika on the board and one of the kids said in a whisper. Sire - rub it off, it's banned. It's banned in Germany, and as we're all 'harmonised', it's not actually banned in the UK, but just not used, in case. If you Google GCSE history ww2 luftwaffe - the number of swastikas in the images in rather small, and most designed for young people to use are crosses!

They did the same with the Panzers. Most of the pictures only show the cross...but that's not photoshopped. I think they just found ones that had only crosses for the picture, because most swastikas were in an X formation not a + and had a white circle around them.

they banned the swastika?

man thats terrible...the nazis werent just about killing jews, they built roads as well...they should celebrate their road building history...PC ran amok :(

It's been banned in Germany for a long time along with the Heil Hitler salute.

In the UK, it's not banned as such but it is a criminal offense to use it as part of a hate/racial crime, that kind of thing. I know a lot of WWII games now will no longer display the Swastika.

All a bit daft really considering it was originally a symbol of good luck/fortune/prosperity. Didn't do Hitler and the Nazi's much good though did it.

It's been banned in Germany for a long time along with the Heil Hitler salute.

In the UK, it's not banned as such but it is a criminal offense to use it as part of a hate/racial crime, that kind of thing. I know a lot of WWII games now will no longer display the Swastika.

All a bit daft really considering it was originally a symbol of good luck/fortune/prosperity. Didn't do Hitler and the Nazi's much good though did it.
what is a hate crime?
If someone beats someone's ass, or murders someone how can it be classified as a hate crime in one instance and not in another when it's the same crime?
I've never heard a convincing explanation of that.

CIpAVm5UcAAPq-s.jpg

Brilliant. And so much better. The show takes on a much different significance.

I don't think flags should be b&.

I don't think we should be flying the confederate flag at any statehouse, municipal building, or public event, but removing it from that car is the worst idea of this generation.

Sounds like a stupid publicity stunt. But if he goes through with it and repaints, there goes the value.
Who knows, maybe its all a ploy to get crazy money. I'm sure there's some rich person willing to pony up to buy and save Gen Lee from the spray booth.
The car will go into a private collection, to be unseen till the controversy is over.

Hmmmm, I wonder if Jay Leno has that knd of coin.

what is a hate crime?
If someone beats someone's ass, or murders someone how can it be classified as a hate crime in one instance and not in another when it's the same crime?
I've never heard a convincing explanation of that.

lol...I cant believe in this day and age people still pretend to not know what a hate crime is and why its treated more harshly

funny most of them are of your persuasion

lol...I cant believe in this day and age people still pretend to not know what a hate crime is and why its treated more harshly

Same here.

"I only planted a burning cross in his front garden, what's he getting so upset about?" :D

LOL.

they banned the swastika?

man thats terrible...the nazis werent just about killing jews, they built roads as well...they should celebrate their road building history...PC ran amok :(

Sarcasm apart, you can't build a historically accurate model kit of a German WWII aeroplane these days because the tail swastika isn't included in the decals. This is fucking stupid, because if you pretend that history never happened, then you're doomed to repeat it.

In answer to your question, Jimi:
If you go out and steal money from a bank, killing people on your way out, it's a crime.
If you do it with swastikas on your armbands and shoot every black and Jewish person in the bank at the same time, it's a hate crime.

if they target that bank because its employees are black and jewish, and their intent is to kill them because of this, then its a hate crime...quite simple really, I think my children can even comprehend it.

if they target that bank because its employees are black and jewish, and their intent is to kill them because of this, then its a hate crime...quite simple really, I think my children can even comprehend it.
it's amazing the people that will claim they don't know what a hate crime is.
The guy that shot those church people specifically said he wanted to kill blacks and some still say they don't see how it should be called a hate crime.
AND some of them are guys that profess being Christian ............ :rolleyes:

lord help me ..... stupidity is rampant!

Just like the yahoos that argue the civil war wasn't about slavery when the succession papers each state filed mentioned slavery as a primary reason for succeeding.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back