BroKen Studios

BroKen_H

Re-member
Just bit the bullet and started toward an actual room. Wife has agreed to move her stuff to the living room. First purchase: $1140 to Acoustimac for 2 36x24x6 bass cabinets, 24 24x24x2 panels 1 24x24x4 panel, two 48x24x2 panels + mounting hardware. All in OC 703!
Stay tuned for a running photo documentary :) and a whole lot of questions :confused:

Just bit the bullet and started toward an actual room. Wife has agreed to move her stuff to the living room.

Oh, you're going to pay for that! How big a room do you have? I tried to get my wife to swap rooms, as her room has only 1 window and door, a small closet in one corner, has a sloped ceiling on one wall and faces the back of the property, my music room half-faces the busy street outside. But her room is also the 'cat room', and she wouldn't go for it. :rolleyes:

We'll see how it goes. Right now, I got nothing but hope and a credit card bill. (Had to buy her a new monitor and a surround system @ $480 for both) and I'll have to wire her computer in and up to the b00b t00b. I'd like to use the living room (18x16x7'6-9'6) vaulted ceilings, hardwood floors, would have been a killer space, but there are limits to her giving nature :laughings:

Oh, you're going to pay for that! How big a room do you have? I tried to get my wife to swap rooms, as her room has only 1 window and door, a small closet in one corner, has a sloped ceiling on one wall and faces the back of the property, my music room half-faces the busy street outside. But her room is also the 'cat room', and she wouldn't go for it. :rolleyes:

:laughings:

Yeah....he'll be paying for it for a long time. :D

In your case....

Maybe time to swap wives instead of rooms. ;)

Oh, Mike, room is 7'6Hx10'Wx12'9D. The money was the final payout from my parent's estate and my wife's last surgery ($7800) is coming out of it, so I get to spend a very similar amount on what I want...New piano, monitors, acoustic treatment, etc.

Pics, yes. That's the plan for this thread. I'd show you the mess that is the room now, but I think I'll just wait till the room is empty and start there! :laughings: (Chater, we need a :maniacallaugh: emoticon!!!)
My anniversary is next month, but I assume you meant Mike. Fourteen is amazing! Mine will be 26. Did the silver thing last year.

This part is the hard part. Everything's ordered, and all I can do is wait and fight with the credit card company. I know they want to protect my card, but I let them know in advance that I'd be ordering large amounts and from where, and they've declined two orders. :mad: What a nuisance!
Oh, well. That will all fade into the past when the STUFF starts coming in. Hoping the acoustics come first. Gonna clear the room and get some empty room pics Wed/Thur. See ya then!

I'm working my way into the living room from the dining room.

:D

It's a slow process but if you do it right you can take over.

All the orders are placed and paid for. Just waiting on the stuff to start showing up. First most important are the acoustics and the desk. Everything else is going into the breakfast nook for storage until that part is done.

Oh yeah, the old "advance from the breakfast nook".

That served Grant very well at Gettysburg.

I'm working my way into the living room from the dining room.

:D

It's a slow process but if you do it right you can take over.

Haha! I had two of my guitars in the living room all winter, it took until February before my wife noticed.
I had the old oak cabinet with videos/DVDs in my music room (on top of my guitar cabinet) until 2 weeks ago. Now its back in the living room there's no room for the guitars but I had space to but a superchunk in the corner where the DVD cab had been.

Okay, the orders are piling in. My acoustic traps keep getting pushed back. Now they're coming Monday or Tuesday on FedX.
Got one of my M-Audio M3-8s this morning (amazon sent one FedX and the other UPS :laughings:
Got the US1800 in and it's amazing. Still trying to figure out how to get 4 outs so I can run both pair of speakers separate. Can run one through monitors and the other through 1/2, but would like to run them 1/2 and 3/4 so I can run them out from Reason. Just can't figure out how to get W7 to comply. Came with 8 free mike cables and 4 free instrument cables, but no TRS ? ? :confused: So I ordered those.
Drum Kit and Piano are coming this afternoon as well as the other M3-8.
All the kit is coming together and come next Tues or Wed I'll have to start assembly on the traps and get them in corners and on walls. Break out the SPL and Freq apps. Then get REW to work (gotta figure this thing out!).
Getting the pics of the empty space from my wife's phone today! Post up later, maybe tomorrow. For now, work.

Phase 1: Empty room
20140716_113703(3).jpg
20140716_113658(1).jpg
20140716_113712.jpg
20140716_113722.jpg
With the wall of window.

Phase 2 The new desk (and some new goodies.
20140716_113703(3).jpg
20140718_230848.jpg

Attachments

• 20140718_230932.jpg
    20140718_230932.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 97
Today I built a piano!!! :)
2014-07-19 20.24.59.jpg
And I set up my monitors top and bottom so the SSL sits on top and the rack or sequencer sits on the bottom.
Also set up a subwoofer to the monitor out on the US-1800 for normal listening. I can shut off the monitor when I'm mixing...
2014-07-19 20.24.49.jpg
I feel like I've had a few birthdays and Christmases all thrown together this week :D

Next step setting up an Alesis DM10 setup. Probably Tuesday or Wednesday.

Just a personal note, but I believe, beyond the shadow of a doubt, without controversy, I am a lousy photographer. :facepalm:

Just a note, the US1800 Monitor out is actually outs 1/2 but is also controlled by the 'Monitor' knob on the front of the unit to send direct input signal. In other words it works from the headphone output.

You will be best suited using a monitor controller like the Mackie Big Knob which I use. I send to it from output 1/2 of Cubase, then have 3 pairs of speaker outputs that are individually selectable or in combination (one I use for Sub). Then I have another send for a third pair of monitors and headphone amp. Also I can input from another source to the same monitors. Like the internet PC I am typing on now, can use any combination of monitors/sub/headphone mix.

You will then still have two other outs of the 1800 for whatever outboard gear or send to AUX input of headphone amp for alternate mix.

Presonus Monitor Station does similar.

Back