Broken Equipment

mfa

Has anyone ever broken the winged screw that tightens the pitch/swivel on a condenser cradle?
Do you think these are sold somewhere, or must I buy a new cradle?

You'll have to figure out if it is metric or SAE then figure out what thread it is and its length. Do a search for metric wing screw or just wing screw on google or even Amazon.

:eek::laughings:
I shouldn't have. . . but I did. You got me thinking, so I looked over at my boom stand and my eyes fixed upon a plastic wingnut at the boom pivot/swivel point. Now I'm thinking "Hmmm.. I wonder what thread that is". So up I go and start backing the wingnut off to see what threads the bolt has. Well, by the time it's backed off enough to get a glimpse of the bolt, it drops off into my hand and the whole pivot section flies apart as if it was spring loaded and falls on the floor. Now I've got 7 pieces of this thing, 8 counting the boom arm itself, laying all over the place and I have no idea how to reassemble it. Then a second later the boom arm, with nothing holding it in place, slowly drops to the floor - on my bare foot.

Things are going well.

To my complete amazement, I actually figured out how to reassemble this thing, but wasn't sure I had enough hands to hold it together while I reattached the wingnut. Somehow, it all came together and it's now back to it's original form.

The End

I shouldn't have. . . but I did. You got me thinking, so I looked over at my boom stand and my eyes fixed upon a plastic wingnut at the boom pivot/swivel point. Now I'm thinking "Hmmm.. I wonder what thread that is". So up I go and start backing the wingnut off to see what threads the bolt has. Well, by the time it's backed off enough to get a glimpse of the bolt, it drops off into my hand and the whole pivot section flies apart as if it was spring loaded and falls on the floor. Now I've got 7 pieces of this thing, 8 counting the boom arm itself, laying all over the place and I have no idea how to reassemble it. Then a second later the boom arm, with nothing holding it in place, slowly drops to the floor - on my bare foot.

Things are going well.

To my complete amazement, I actually figured out how to reassemble this thing, but wasn't sure I had enough hands to hold it together while I reattached the wingnut. Somehow, it all came together and it's now back to it's original form.

The End
You're welcome.......... I think?

The elastic was stretched on my Sontronics LDC cradle and they were happy to sell me a new set so I guess they at least carry spares? If they were only prepared to supply the complete cradle I would tell them to FO! I am quite capable of drilling out the thing and re-tapping to the next metric thread up.

We MUST fix more things...only got ONE planet!

Dave.

Things are going well.

The End
Omgggggggg! So sorry that I was the catalyst for all of that!

Back