Bringing out lead guitar

solo.guitar

I know this probably isn't very practical, but I'm trying to bring the lead guitar out a little more in a song my friend & I recorded one night.

It was recorded with one mic, in mono, with both of us playing. Since they are both on the same track, there's probably not anything that can be done.

Is this the type of application where a Multi-Band compresser would be used? I'm not really expecting any major difference, or any at all.

I just want to know if this is possible, and if any of you could give me some advice on what to use.

It's just the rhythm guitar and a lead guitar over it. I'd be happy with any kind of improvement. The lead guitar can barely be heard in some places.

Thanks.

You might want to try duplicating the track and attack each copy of the track seperately; one to accentuate the lead and one to keep the rhythm clean, then mix them back together. As to whether to use MBC or EQ or both on either track, that's a situational call that depends upon the nature of the actual track.

G.

I tried what you said with the EQ and it helped a little. Maybe I'm not doing it right or something.

It's just 2 acoustic guitars, rhythm & lead.

Back