Hopeless confusion in a world gone mad
Buckle there kiddies there be squalls ahead

Bright Eyes and Summer Skies
Never fade away
Never fade away
Bright Eyes and Summer Skies
Never fade away
Never fade away

Interesting song. I was expecting hair metal from the intro, but it's quite different from that.

I'm hearing all guitars and vocals. The bass and especially drum are getting drowned out. The vocals are a little too forward for me. That harmonized doubling you're doing on the main vocal sounds a little off here and there in the verse. For example, "when they self-destruct."

Good work.

Bit too much low end in everything is drowning out the bass for mine... and the vocals seem a bit over-reverbed - and as Robus points out, there are occasional doubling issues. Nothing some EQing and editing wouldn't fix.:thumbs up:

Interesting song. I was expecting hair metal from the intro, but it's quite different from that.

I'm hearing all guitars and vocals. The bass and especially drum are getting drowned out. The vocals are a little too forward for me. That harmonized doubling you're doing on the main vocal sounds a little off here and there in the verse. For example, "when they self-destruct."

Good work.

Thanks for listening. I took note of your comments and I made some changes. I went back and re recorded some of the doubling parts and I believe they have a better feel. I also eq'd the bass and drums and the mix has a more balanced feel.

Thanks Robus and Armistice

I think the new mix is better but now the vocals are too buried and do have some issues with pitch in some spots. Nice work overall though.............and thanks for the listen.

I think I listened to the newest mix (the link in the first post). The chorus is nice - catchy and evocative. I'm not sure I'm hearing any bass on this - or is the bass the keyboardy thing panned to the left? Somehow I'd prefer it with a more prominent, flowing bassline. The keyboard is interesting, but gives the verse a very jerky rhythm. The vocals sound ok - maybe I'd back the reverb off a little more in the verse parts.

It's a cool song. Only thing is it seems to jump around a lot. Shit seems to pop in and out and it makes it sound very bouncy. I think it should be smooth and flowing instead of jerking in and out. I'm not sure exactly why it sounds so weird to me LOL. Cool concept though :D

Thanks for all the input. I went back to the mix and redid some vocals. I also mixed the bass more prominently and bumped up the 900 hz and cut the 350-400 band to relieve some mud. The guitars were also moved a bit. The style of the song is preference. The mix seems much better. It takes time away to have fresh ears and the comments here help

I think I hear some pumping from a compressor or a maximizer. Things sound good to me otherwise. I like the layered guitar arrangement, some mature production going on here.

I like your voice. It's a cool rock voice. In spots it reminds me of Black-Sabbath era Ozzy.

The guitars have a little brittleness to them. Not horrible, but sort of a digital sound to them.

The guitar parts on the edges don't play well together IMO. There is just too much bouncing back and forth - guitar stabs on each side are distracting. It sounds like the bass is over on the left, and that isn't helping.

Drums are OK for samples. But I think a dryer snare would help. And the cymbals are a little splashy.

I think I hear some pumping from a compressor or a maximizer. Things sound good to me otherwise. I like the layered guitar arrangement, some mature production going on here.

You were right. The compressor was pumping and the limiting was causing a ducking effect. That was probably what FoulPhil was eluding to with the jerking in and out. Typical of a compressor working too hard. I went back in and dialed in the bass. It sounds more pronounced and sits better in the mix. Did the same with the guitars. I took some reverb off of the vocals. Same with the drums. Overall the mix sounds even better. Still a work in progress.

Back