Bridge Upgrade-Opinions

2lim

Hey, I have an Ibanez Soundgear(200fm maybe?). I really like this bass, I have already put in Gotoh tuners, and Dimarzio pups. I am looking to get a nice solid bridge in it. I have been looking at hipshot, badass, etc. Just looking for opinions on what people have used and what they like/why they like it.

Simon

Well, I enjoy the wilkinson trem on my cort. Don't know if that helps.

If you put 3 springs on the bridge it doesn't move around too easily(no out of tune while palm muting hard) but you can still make it dive pretty nice!

Simon

I'm looking for a new bridge to my bass too, the hipshot seems most sturdy... But even it isn't quite teh "brick"!... :mad:

I think I might do my own if I get spare time at work, out of polished stainless steel... something the size of my fist. :eek:

Maybe the nut too...

2lim said:
Hey, I have an Ibanez Soundgear(200fm maybe?). I really like this bass, I have already put in Gotoh tuners, and Dimarzio pups. I am looking to get a nice solid bridge in it. I have been looking at hipshot, badass, etc. Just looking for opinions on what people have used and what they like/why they like it.

Simon

Hipshot and Badass both make fine bridges. Personally, I kind of like the Hipshot ones a little more, but not for any particular reason, other than I like the look of them a little more.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

dragonworks said:
not to steal your thread but I need to replace the bridge on my 335. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Tone Pros, all the way.

Or the Gotoh 510, but I don't like the way their TOM bridge looks, and their tailpiece is awful looking.

Light

M.K. Gandhi

Light said:
Tone Pros, all the way.

Or the Gotoh 510, but I don't like the way their TOM bridge looks, and their tailpiece is awful looking.

Light

M.K. Gandhi

I have the trapeze tailpiece.

Back