Bridge to the Sun

lol @ Steve Stevens. Wasn't he Billy Idol's guitarist too? :D

Sounds pretty good. One thing.....get the hats and snare out of the same space, and maybe tone down some of the hat work programming. It seems awfully busy, like it matches every snare hit or something. Kind of weird. Bring up more toms too. Other than that, sounds really good. Congrats on the new band.

lol @ Steve Stevens. Wasn't he Billy Idol's guitarist too? :D

Sounds pretty good. One thing.....get the hats and snare out of the same space, and maybe tone down some of the hat work programming. It seems awfully busy, like it matches every snare hit or something. Kind of weird. Bring up more toms too. Other than that, sounds really good. Congrats on the new band.

Thanx buddy!
Yeah naw, he's just got the same name....with an H in the middle:D
I'll get on to that hihat and the toms....
(the hihat says hello...:D)

another great...glad i have decent internet for you and Greg

great tune Jo...sounded brilliant through my old hi fi

Congrats on the new band - I'm sure it will be stellar group with you fronting! Another great mix and rocking tune!
Good geetar playing too - nice wah sound....

Guitars and vocals sound really nice. I long for more bass guitar, but I tend to like bass-heavy mixes, so...

I thought the cymbals sounded maybe just a tad brittle or harsh. I dunno though, maybe that coupled with my bass comment just means my set up here at the pc is skewed?

That is totally freakin' awesome that you have a new band. Is the guitar player the only band member on this?

Great song. Great energy. Love the guitar intro intertwining like that. I hear some editing mistakes at :42, a timing error and a glitch. When the vox first starts out up front and nearly nekkid, I can hear a lot of compressor artifacts. I think you can use less compression and more automation or fader-riding in that part until the song gets moving, then put it back to normal ops.

Cool man,

Excellent tune Joe, it captures a triumphant, conquering type emotion (especially towards the end)very well. I like the compostion and arrangement. Great work!

Yo, Joey. Good to hear more of your stuff.. I've gotta quit recording others' music and get to writing my own again. First off, dude... Your vocals are wicked awesome. Just.... amazing. So good to hear em' again - and at the beginning when its' so right out front, and as Chili put it - "nekked". I loved it.

Nits: From 1:01 to 1:07, I hear static, but it might be the player or something... Sounds like a clip, but sometimes I don't hear it, so it may be my system. Anyway... Check that section out.

The drums, man... Not my favorite coming from Joey-ville. Pretty mechanical. They need to flow more, and add more groove to the song. Got nothin' but love for ya, but them drums need some work.

Guitars on the other hand were masterfully done. Bass could be turned up a little, though.

...and then of course the vocals. Wow. I think these are you best vocals yet.

Anyway... There's my two cents. Good to hear from ya again, man.

More of the tonsils like testicles that I really like about your voice.
Great that you've a band happening. Joe, Steve & who else at this stage?
Cool song - I'm happy with the drums but I'm not a drummer & bow to their aesthetic & knowledge.
Please save a little place in space for the next PB Aug. song.

another great...glad i have decent internet for you and Greg

great tune Jo...sounded brilliant through my old hi fi

Hey Keith, long time no hear....:)
How's your summer been? Mine was great, being unemployed and all......:D
Thanx for the comment!

Congrats on the new band - I'm sure it will be stellar group with you fronting! Another great mix and rocking tune!
Good geetar playing too - nice wah sound....

Thanx Gerry!
Look forward to our next one together!

Guitars and vocals sound really nice. I long for more bass guitar, but I tend to like bass-heavy mixes, so...

I thought the cymbals sounded maybe just a tad brittle or harsh. I dunno though, maybe that coupled with my bass comment just means my set up here at the pc is skewed?

That is totally freakin' awesome that you have a new band. Is the guitar player the only band member on this?

More bass? No problem, Pete, will do.....;)
I'll check the cymbals EQ too.
Yeah this was practically ready before we started so the only thing left was the solo. But obviously I'll be involving the guys more in my projects later.
Thanx for commenting!

Great song. Great energy. Love the guitar intro intertwining like that. I hear some editing mistakes at :42, a timing error and a glitch. When the vox first starts out up front and nearly nekkid, I can hear a lot of compressor artifacts. I think you can use less compression and more automation or fader-riding in that part until the song gets moving, then put it back to normal ops.

Cool man,

Damn, you got good ears, Dave....:D
I tried my hand at some finger picking in the intro, which I'm not too good at, hence the glitches....
I might have overdone it a bit with compression, but this is only the first mix. I do like my mixes to "pump" just a little though.
Thanx for the help, bud, and stay safe down there in Texas....:)

Excellent tune Joe, it captures a triumphant, conquering type emotion (especially towards the end)very well. I like the compostion and arrangement. Great work!

Triumphant reminds me of Ceaser entering Rome after having defeated the Barbarians....cool!:D
Thanx for the comments, Pete!

Yo, Joey. Good to hear more of your stuff.. I've gotta quit recording others' music and get to writing my own again. First off, dude... Your vocals are wicked awesome. Just.... amazing. So good to hear em' again - and at the beginning when its' so right out front, and as Chili put it - "nekked". I loved it.

Nits: From 1:01 to 1:07, I hear static, but it might be the player or something... Sounds like a clip, but sometimes I don't hear it, so it may be my system. Anyway... Check that section out.

The drums, man... Not my favorite coming from Joey-ville. Pretty mechanical. They need to flow more, and add more groove to the song. Got nothin' but love for ya, but them drums need some work.

Guitars on the other hand were masterfully done. Bass could be turned up a little, though.

...and then of course the vocals. Wow. I think these are you best vocals yet.

Anyway... There's my two cents. Good to hear from ya again, man.

Hey Jason!
Yeah, it's good to do one's own stuff, but you seem to be having a good time working with other people too.
The drums...hmm. Maybe it would be a good idea to involve my new drummer. I don't have the facilities or the knowledge to record a live kit, but we could programme them together. We'll see. I'll check out all the other stuff you mentioned.
Thanx for the nice compliments, I'm pretty happy with the song itself.:)

More of the tonsils like testicles that I really like about your voice.
Great that you've a band happening. Joe, Steve & who else at this stage?
Cool song - I'm happy with the drums but I'm not a drummer & bow to their aesthetic & knowledge.
Please save a little place in space for the next PB Aug. song.

Thanx Ray!
Apart from Steve, we've got another guitar player, a bassist and a 20 year old drummer.
Of course I'll take part in the next Pygmy Beat projekt, I love that!

Wow, a full band. Will you still play guitar? A three guitar attack would be amazing & your playing shouldn't be left fallow - too good for that!

Hey Keith, long time no hear....:)
How's your summer been? Mine was great, being unemployed and all......:D
Thanx for the comment!

had some fun, and worth it for the cash coming my way but Im bored mate...cant wait to get home, only got a netbook and a hifi so no real music stuff, and without that im just an unemployed 44 year old with a penchant for beer and football and thats just too British :D

you sound like you are getting things done, I really enjoyed the track and slightly different sounding from your other rock stuff

Wow, a full band. Will you still play guitar? A three guitar attack would be amazing & your playing shouldn't be left fallow - too good for that!

No, I'll only be singing, I just want to concentrate on that while playing live. I always found it difficult to play riffs and sing along to them. But I will be strumming an acoustic on some ballad or other. For the electric stuff, I can really rely on the new guys.

Back