Bridge To Nowhere (original song)

johnnymegabyte

joint song project with a talented friend. he did the bass, drums, vocals and organ. I did all the guitar tracks.
He recorded his tracks in his studio, I recorded the guitar parts at my home studio, then he mixed with Pro Tools at his studio

BRIDGE TO NOWHERE ---> Bridge To Nowhere

I actually quite like the song/track. Personally the vocals being panned left is not really working for me as well as perhaps they might with better sonic placement in the stereo field. The additional vocal is getting lost and maybe needs to be brought out some more. It might be worth trying the guitar parts panned out either side and sit the lead vocals near center and the secondary vocal out 50% either side to allow them to add more to the overall impression when they come in. The guitar solo comes across to me like an exercise which melodically delivers not a lot for the amount of notes played. It's technical but not as musical as it could be. The vocal would benefit from some de-sssing but overall it's a good vocal with great tone and feeling which is why I'd like to hear a guitar solo which has the same quality. The overall sound quality sounds good to my ear with some really nice top end textures which add to the overall tight sound of the piece.

I like it, please feel free to disregard my opinions as they are simply based upon my own listening experience, but they are thought through and honest.

Regards

Tim

Back