Break up with GF, Write Song, Profit?

jaykeMURD

I sit on you.
Yah, I'm loathing in self pity over here lol.:drunk:
Seriously though, I kinda rushed this...is it obvious?

Comments greatly appreciated! Composition, mixing, etc.
My Nightmare

Really enjoyed the song and the performance.

Two things stand out to me. I'd like to hear the acoustics a little louder compared to the vox. They are lacking power and with the gritty strumming, I think they should be a little more upfront and driving the song.

It's an acoustic, raw performance and the use of the reverb and delay kind of ruin the ambiance of the song. I suggest just keeping it simple and consistent through out the song. Eh, but that's a nitpick item. Leaving them in won't hurt.

just my 2 cents. Cool song, done well.

I agree with Chili, the vox are too loud compared to the guitar.

It sounds like you're going for a pretty standard modern hard rock sound on the chorus; it may not fit with the acoustic tone of the rest. Or it may add some much-needed variety. I'm not entirely sure.

Some of your breathing came through pretty loudly. If you could clean that up, it would probably help.

Otherwise, it sounds decent. It's catchy if a little cheesy (but hey, who hasn't written a cheesy breakup song every once in a while?)

Thanks guys. I'll soon revisit this track. I just wanted to get something down before I forget. I feel like I'm on the verge of a damn cold, so re-tracking the vocals will have to wait.

It's def. cheesy, but I still managed to get a little hook in there. Really wish I could record this the way it sounds in my head...very guitar-driven hard rock.

Ha, I like the track Steve...very different.

Thanks again.

Back