BRC to Cubase sync problem

bsavc

I managed to synchronize my BRC with Cubase SX (BRC as master and Cubase as
slave). Everything works fine and well synchronized, but with one big
problem. If i stop in the middle of the song and start again from there (the
middle), synchronization is ruined!

Any ideas what am I missing? Probably some setting of some sort....

Thanks for helping,
Boris

2 ways to go about it. Midi clock or MTC.

Which way are you syncing???

if Midi Clock make sure you are reading song pointer and that you have a song created on the BRC with correct pointers, etc....

And oh yeah what BB said. LOL. So how are you connected??midi Cable or ADAT Sync Cable??

My connection is via Midi cable and MTC synchronization. At first everything works fine, but when I stop at the middle of the song and start again from there synchronization is lost (if I start from start synchronization is still there). Song is defenitly created with correct poiters, etc...

Thanks for your help so far,
Boris

Take a look at the SYNC options on the BRC (I'm not near my manual at the moment), sounds like you need to adjust some parameters.......

Not only that, I'd change it to midi clock with song pointer. MTC is known and has been known for years to Drift when dealing with midi synchronization.

I used to be a boig MTC fan 9if like you did start at the top of the track) Over time I learned that if the Device i am driving is more comfortable working with midi clock, i feed it what it wants. Not every software/hardware manuafcturer implements MTC accurately, but they all manage to get Midi Clock with song pointer right.

Peace...

Back