Brave New Souls...

Cool... remember, no matter how much a budget studio you got, you can always make it sound better with some good editing and fool people :D That's what I try to do... anyway, song sounds pretty cool... vox sound a bit burried in the mix... and sorry, but myspace stopped the song and I can't get it going again for the life of me... I'll try again later ;)

I think the mix is ok, but it is hard to listen to very long without having to rip off my headphones. I guess I need to hammer down and few beers and whatnot before I can stomach any more.

Nice guitar sound. Initial vocals sound very good, with a nice balance between main and BG vox, and very well sung. Main vox is distorted at :44, and later also. Mix is generally a kinda hot in the 3 kHz area, I think and a little light in the lows. Snare perhaps stands out too much, and the drums could be tighter rhythmically. The strength of the track is the vocal performance.

I think the mix is ok, but it is hard to listen to very long without having to rip off my headphones. I guess I need to hammer down and few beers and whatnot before I can stomach any more.
I'd give this first prize for the most mean spirited post I've seen in the mp3 clinic. To each his own, but maybe more useful to the OP to direct negative comments towards specifics?

Pretty good stuff.
The vocals could use some life though - have you tried the Motown Compressor Exciter process? (Google it)
Your site is WAY too busy. By the time the steamer became visible after all the pics n so forth the song was almost over.

I appreciate the feedback from all. The drums definitely need tightened up I agree. The vocals could could be cleaned up in places too maybe. Thanks Rick for the rather specific and in depth constructive criticism. I suppose we all have our 2 cents. Thanks again Timothy, Travis, Ray, and snake for the comments and taking the time to check it out. Cheers.

Back