Brand New Studio Build update (with gear)!!! Woo HOOO!!!

Looking great, nice work! Can't wait to see/hear when the acoustics are put it, and what/where they are.

Thank you, I appreciate it! I am eager to get started on the acoustics, I am almost there. Getting closer to recording, I can't wait! Next will be on the acoustics and more in depth about the reports and treatments. I appreciate your encouragement and interest!

Woah! Wouldn't that mean...like...54 6" thick traps?! Where is there even ROOM for all of those down there?

Ohhhh unless you're filling the whole ceiling as well...?

Woah! Wouldn't that mean...like...54 6" thick traps?! Where is there even ROOM for all of those down there?

Ohhhh unless you're filling the whole ceiling as well...?

You got it, 6" of 100% ceiling fill in all the joist. In addition I will have 5 large diffuers, 31 mini diffusers, and 18 acoustic wall panels.

You got it, 6" of 100% ceiling fill in all the joist. In addition I will have 5 large diffuers, 31 mini diffusers, and 18 acoustic wall panels.

Effing right! Lots of diffusion and smart absorption! So the only bass trapping will be the ceiling? Corners won't cause issues? I guess you got an acoustician in there, so should be near perfect, but just curious. Another question, this studio's noise will still be heard upstairs, right? Not sure if I missed a part where you isolated it or something.

Effing right! Lots of diffusion and smart absorption! So the only bass trapping will be the ceiling? Corners won't cause issues? I guess you got an acoustician in there, so should be near perfect, but just curious. Another question, this studio's noise will still be heard upstairs, right? Not sure if I missed a part where you isolated it or something.

Sorry, I left out the bass corner traps, there will be 4 in the control room and 4 in the live room. As far as isolation, I did not go that far. If I would have tried for complete isolation, it would have dropped the ceiling down further than 8'. So, I elected to keep all of the height I could get. But, becuase of all of the ceiling treatment, it should help a lot with taming it down quite a bit (I hope)lol.

Lemme know how it goes with the sound isolation between you and upstairs, one you know! Eg: does your family still complain or have to leave the house when you're playing (as in with a full band or at least a drum kit). I will be moving in the spring (if I can sell by then and find a new place, fingers crossed). I'm trying to determine the best (and most affordable) solution. Either build an out building in the backyard ($$$), build a room within a room ($$$ and low ceilings afterwards), or just do what you're doing (what I hope to do, but not sure if it'll cut the mustard).

Wow I must like brackets! ((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lemme know how it goes with the sound isolation between you and upstairs, one you know! Eg: does your family still complain or have to leave the house when you're playing (as in with a full band or at least a drum kit). I will be moving in the spring (if I can sell by then and find a new place, fingers crossed). I'm trying to determine the best (and most affordable) solution. Either build an out building in the backyard ($$$), build a room within a room ($$$ and low ceilings afterwards), or just do what you're doing (what I hope to do, but not sure if it'll cut the mustard).

Wow I must like brackets! ((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will definitely let you know about isolation and will post some audio clips of the drums (they will tell the tale). I am hoping that the 6" of of 703 will help isolate the studio (my wife would appreciate it).

I must like brackets too!
((((((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))

The OC 703 was delayed in delivery, it will be here tomorrow morning. I then will begin the acoustic treatments starting with the ceiling. I will post progress vids on YT of that as well. If anyone has a request they would like to see, let me know and I will fit it in.

I really do appreciate the support, thank you.

Last edited:
Back