Brand new Rickenbacker

Congrats on your purchase!

But come on! You can't treat your Fender like that! How long has it given you service of the best that it could do? Give it some respect. And If you are done with it, give it to someone who will respect it....like me! :)

But really, have fun with your new Rick. Thats the one brand of guitar I dont have.....now to start saving again:)

H2H

Dave_M,
Congrats on the purchase, its probably Rick's best product. Definitely a signature sound, and a cool one.

...however...

Hard2Hear,
I've played quite a few of their guitars and they just don't send me very far. The finished fingerboards, the pickups, the goofy aesthetics, and the sound. The 360-12 is okay, but that's only 'cause its a 12 string. The 360 is a one-trick-pony...jangle, 2 tricks if you count the howling feedback at anything above coffeehouse volume. I've played a couple of their solid bodies and the topper, the Susannah Hoffs model. Who the hell is Susannah Hoffs, you ask? The lead singer for the Bangles. Apparently she was a hot enough babe to get a signature model. I was in a band with a guy who was obsessed with Ricks and he had one of those, among others. We used to call them "Bandenwreckers" and begged him to play his Hamer Special. You should save up your money for a REALLY worthy guitar like an Ovation Deacon...LOL.

peace.

Great,

I've got a 4001 too, and have had it for years. Best bass I have ever had.

What color did you get?

Mine's black, with a white pickgaurd, beautifull!

Paul McCartney used a 4001 on The Beatle's coolest albums. Revolver and Rubber Soul.

GT, mine is a natural finish with a white pickguard.

hixmix, Paul McCartney is one of my fav bassists! So is Chris Squier of 'Yes', another Rik player, I believe.

Hard2Hear, the Fender won't be totally ignored. It's only three years old and is equiped with active electronics so it has it's uses but the Rik just feels nicer and it's been about 20 years of waiting for one to boot.

Back