Brand New Emotion Remixed

mjhamil

Fixed a few settings in Sonar X1, remixed (again), deleted original version, comments?

ido1957 - Lead Guitar, Rhythm Guitar, Backup Vocals
mjhamil - Bass, Lead Vocals, Backup Vocals
Poeticintensity - Drums

MP3 Player SoundClick

Last edited:
It's hard to critique a style of music that I don't care for in the first place so take what I say with a grain of salt. First off, the vocals are too dry and near the end of the tune are kind all over the place. I would add a little more doubling or flange of some type to the vocal tracks to give them a little shimmer. The distorted guitar tone isn't doing the tune justice. I feel that the song could be stronger if you backed off the gain so the little bluesy parts held a little more dominance in the mix. Also, I'm not sure of the drums. They sound fine but the beat didn't sound custom tailored to the tune in parts. It kinda comes off like a drum machine. Also, I think a half time approach in some parts would have given the tune more emotional depth. But again, this is just my two cents and I'm not a blues rock man.

It's hard to critique a style of music that I don't care for in the first place so take what I say with a grain of salt.
Hmmm, that sort of predisposition worries me....just kidding 0_0

First off, the vocals are too dry and near the end of the tune are kind all over the place. I would add a little more doubling or flange of some type to the vocal tracks to give them a little shimmer.
The vocals are running through a Lexicon reverb - as usual it's mixed until you notice it then back it off a tad. Used to use more in the 80's but today's tunes seem to have way less. The vocals at the end are probably 6 or 7 layers deep, the doubling you suggest is already sexteted

The distorted guitar tone isn't doing the tune justice. I feel that the song could be stronger if you backed off the gain so the little bluesy parts held a little more dominance in the mix.
Agreed - not my favorite tone but still working on it. I used a Clapton Strat + ROLAND (BOSS) GT-8 through a Marshall Stack miced with am SM57. I think out of 10 the gain was set at 4.
Also, I'm not sure of the drums. They sound fine but the beat didn't sound custom tailored to the tune in parts. It kinda comes off like a drum machine. Also, I think a half time approach in some parts would have given the tune more emotional depth.
Nah - this tune was designed to flow pretty much through the verse, with a stop/drum roll into the chorus for dynamics.

But again, this is just my two cents and I'm not a blues rock man.
That's cool, I'm not a big fan of rap and auto-tune makes me want to kick a puppy when I hear it (just kidding XD).

Back