brainfart AGAIN!!!!

spacedye

Vest
sonar 2 XL , 2-delta 1010's and WIN XP.
problem-im recording vocals and have input monitoring enabled.
id like to have a little reverb while the vox are recorded.
how i do get my reverb plug-in to work without doubling every word i say? :confused:

spacedye said:
sonar 2 XL , 2-delta 1010's and WIN XP.
problem-im recording vocals and have input monitoring enabled.
id like to have a little reverb while the vox are recorded.
how i do get my reverb plug-in to work without doubling every word i say? :confused:
You turn down the latency... ;)

The reverb shouldn't create doubling, but the routing in the Delta Control Panel can. Turn down the monitoring outs, and let Cakewalk take care of that.

my setup is-
instruments go into mackie 1604, direct outs from the mackie go into "INS" 1-8 on the delta.

MOSKUS-turn down the monitoring outs where in the delta control panel? or on the mackie?

im pissed because i used to know how to do this and all of the other nonsense that happens when i get new equipment makes me forget this stuff.

In the Delta Control Panel: Don't route the Inputs directly to the Outputs.

If you want to use Input Monitoring you need to get your latency down to around 5ms. Otherwise you are going to hear an echo.

Go to Options > Audio and on the bottom of the general tab there should be a statement that says "effective latency at 44.1KHz is XXXX ms." If the setting is higher than approx 5 ms, you'll need to lower the latency to remove the echo.

Move the buffer slider to the left. Depending on your system's horsepower, however, this could cause you to start getting dropouts

I really don't know. In my Inca88 Control Panel, I can just mute the inputs. The audio will still be recorded (and processed and but back through Input Monitoring), but the card doesen't play it directly. :)

Back