BR 800 Rhythm Editor: (problems importing midi drum patterns)

pennyforthought

Hi there,

I'm a new member, though i've been using this forum for sometime for some real handy research.

I have a Boss BR800 which I've been using lately for demos. However I have one huge problem I'm desperate to resolve & cant find a solution anywhere here or elsewhere.

Basically I have load of midi drum patterns that i programmed on Ableton Live that I want to import into my BR 800 Rhythm Editor so that I can use the BR800 drum sounds with these drum patterns..

So I open up the songs from Ableton Live which have the drum patterns that i want to utilize, I export the drum midi pattern onto desktop. Then when I try and import this .mid file into the BR800 Rhythm Editor the patterns (ie kick, snare beats etc) dont show up on the pattern editor, just the name of the saved file.. Ive been tearing my hair out trying to figure this one out but to avail.. I see in the BR800 manual it says the midi file needs the ''channel set to 10'' but this is jargon way beyond me.. aaargggh

Anyone help on this would be extremely appreciated..

Thanks in advance :)

There's a Boss section to this forum, better place to ask this.

Channel 10 refers to the MIDI channel. Your Ableton pattern may have the channel set to 'all' or to a different channel.

Back