BR-800 opinions?

I?ve read that the BR-800 lacks editing functions. I have a BR-600 and it has editing functions and most of the same stuff the BR-800 has. The main difference from my opinion is the 800 can take a 32 gig card and the 600 can only take as much as a 1 gig card. I?ve never needed more than 1 gig because of the USB transfer function. I usually record only 4 tracks per song then send them to Sonar, so it depends on what you plan on doing with it. I?ve never filled up a 1 gig card because it gets too confusing to remember all the stuff on the card anyway. It?s easier to see the files and edit them or add to them on a computer. I have extra cards but have never used them yet. The BR-600?s are getting cheap on ebay. So if I didn?t already have a 600 I?d probably like to get an 800.

I don't know about the onboard editing functions, but the 800 looks like it gets rid of the disadvantages of a 600 (I have one) - phantom power, up to 4 tracks recording at one time, direct USB interface capability (rather than file transfer like the 600). I would upgrade (if I had he money and permission from my wife!)

Back