BR-8 guitar ... direct or mic'd?

BHead

Hi!

I've had my BR-8 for 4 months now and love it to death! :D

My question is ... (given an acoustic-electric) do you mic your guitar or record it direct? If go direct, what effects (patch?) are you using?

I know many of you from here mic your guitars instead of going direct. I've read from somewhere (this forum?) and experienced it personally that the BR-8 signal is weak thus mic'ing guitar has not been an option for me (unless a pre-amp is added, but for my $$$, NO way! :D ).

i have just started with the BR-8 myself. Been mostly doing tests and the like to figure out the features and the best wayts to do things.

I am going to get a ART mic pre for that reason and others.

BUT. I have had ok experience just micing the acoustic directly in.

EV n/d257 mic into the vocal (mic) input. adjust levels, and usually record it with either no vocal COSM or I've tries compressor 1 and CM/EQ bright (i think thats what it is called). THe results arent bad.

WHat I am gonna do for acoustic work is: get a mic pre (like i said earlier). and mic the guitar. THen I am gonna get a fishman acoustic pickup and plug directly into the guit input. Record 2 tracks at a time and be able to mix them and eq them to taste.

I think that will giuve a nice acoustic sound. Pickups and mics record differently. so covering both bases will yield a nice result.

good luck. when I have something to post I promise to do so.

Back