Bouncing dxi to track doesn't work

tombuur

I am doing exactly as told in Sonar 3 Help when trying to bounce VSampler or some analog synth to a track. And I only get a track with a flat line not the wave. No sound at all.

So far I have made an audio track and recorded from the M-Audio Delta 66. After muting everything except the instrument I want, I sit patiently and way until the whole song has played through. Bouncing should be much quicker. But why does it not work? Is there any obvious trap I could have gone into?

It is probably easier just to solo the tracks you want to bounce, rather than to mute all the others.

However, are you selecting the tracks you want to bounce. I usually solo them and then use the "select all" command before the bounce.

Also you probably know this, but I'll mention it anyway - you have to select BOTH the midi track and the DXi track in order to bounce.

On a bounce to track dialog, make sure you select proper bus and Mix enables... It happened on me once in one of my -huge o' DXis- project, when I route all DXi tracks into dedicated bus, and I forgot to route it to main out bus. Just a thought...

;)
Jaymz

Yep, you need to select both the mid data track and the associated audio/DXi/synth/soundfount track.

Back