Bounce?

disgruntled-inc

Detachable Member
I have to be missing something completely simple, but here is where I am.

I am editing drum parts and had to add an extra 1/8th note on the hi-hat. So I found a clean 1/8th strike, copied it, and used an additional couple of extra tracks to line it up and make sure it sounds natural. Now I want to bounce those additional tracks into their appropriate tracks and I can't seem to do it.

I tried gluing them together, rendering them together, and imploding them and through it all the resultant stem looses the tail of the original event whenever the part where the added 1/8th occurs.

Is there a way to go old school and just bounce them down to one track?

Yep. :)

* Send your drum track to a new track.
* Arm the new track
* Set the record mode to "Record output" (stereo or mono depends on what's on the track)

Hit record and you should be good to go.

Glue should be working for you though... I just tried it and everything works fine here. Unless I'm doing something differently.:confused:

*edit*

You could also select the track, go to File-> Render -> Render stems. Uncheck the "render master mix" button and check the "Add items to new tracks" button.

Yep. :)

* Send your drum track to a new track.
* Arm the new track
* Set the record mode to "Record output" (stereo or mono depends on what's on the track)

Hit record and you should be good to go.

Duh, why didn't I think of that! :drunk: So lost in DAW that I was asking about going old-school without even thinking about how it used to be done...sheesh.

Thanks man. Maybe I am screwing something up, but I couldn't make the other ways works. It would take the two tracks down to one track (A and B lets say), but on the resultant track the audio from track A would get cut off where the audio from track B came in.

Back