Bounce to disk question

jdizzel

Hey Guys,

I am using protools LE 6.1 and I just wanted to know what is the difference in extensions when I am bouncing to disk.......

In other words when bouncing to disk, I get the options of .AIFF, .WAV, etc.

what do they mean and what difference does it make?

Thanks

well there are certain standards that allow u to burn to a CD... for cd select wav. then stereo interleave... then 44.1 i think, im not near my recording PC and im fairly new to recording so i cant remember exactly...

the difference between them all is the different compression procedures. The .wav format was created by Microsoft and IBM while the AIFF was created by Apple. Sound Designer II files (SDII) was a format created by Digidesign.
different companies thought that they should create their own format for people to use. it's pretty much just a competition in the audio world.
But what you want to use for burning to CD generally is WAV, 16 bit, 44.1kHz. It'll work fine for you

bennychico11 said:
the difference between them all is the different compression procedures. The .wav format was created by Microsoft and IBM while the AIFF was created by Apple. Sound Designer II files (SDII) was a format created by Digidesign.
different companies thought that they should create their own format for people to use. it's pretty much just a competition in the audio world.

oooooh ok!! THanks!!

Last edited:
Back