Bought a Tascam 2488NEO Today

ParisTNDude

I bought a used Tascam 2488NEO at a local pawn shop today. Yes, I know...you never know what/when/where the unit was used, so I know the drawbacks to that. They have a 30 day return policy anyway, so I'm not worried.

I put AC to the unit and cranked it up. There were like 20 songs recorded on the machine and some fairly extensively mixed with as many as 10 different tracks. I was actually quite impressed with the band. They had lead and rythm guitar, piano, bass, 2 violins, mandolin, vocalists and I'm pretty sure I heard a string bass in the mix as well. The music was very clean. Of course that didn't test it's recorder to ensure it works well, but that will happen post haste. The recorded music was very professionally played, so the unit was used for a good purpose.

I set it up at home and it plays audio CDs, all the buttons, slides and knobs seem to work well and, the unit has only a couple of small scuff marks on it.

From the reviews on this forum, I'm pretty sure it's a great Portastudio and I'm anxious to get to recording. First will be a sound on sound Euphonium number soon and then, guitar, bass and vocal tracked recording...can you tell I'm excited?

LOL I would try to find the band on the neo before erasing it, they may have been almost through recording their album when it was stolen.

Alan.

Back