Bought a little Mesa

gibs

I think this thing is gonna work out fine.....even at lower volume, it's got the mojo....one of these days I'm gonna record with it.....

Here is a description and specs:

http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/F-Series/F-50/F-50.html

And here is mine............gibs

73_p963.jpg

Nice Amp

I checked those out at Mesa/Boogie in Hollywood. Real nice amps. Can you get a good clean sound (maybe a jazzy sound) a bluesy SRV sound and that classic Mesa distortion?

Re: Nice Amp

roarke99 said:
I checked those out at Mesa/Boogie in Hollywood. Real nice amps. Can you get a good clean sound (maybe a jazzy sound) a bluesy SRV sound and that classic Mesa distortion?

Jazz sound for (for me) is put that neck pup on and play/pick at about the 20th fret....works everytime......

Haven't mastered the bluesy sound yet, but the pre-set (downloaded from the net) is really close.....

That Mesa distortion is THERE, no kidding......Gain at about 4 (no #'s , you gotta guesstimate) will do ya good....above that gets into major wonderful stuff.........and get this, I had Volume set at about 2 1/2...... if you put Volume at noon position, neighbors will have psychotic episodes...........

eyeslikefire, one of these days maybe I can get enough time to set up the Fostex........I've got a lot on my plate currently....so far I've only spent about 5 or so total hours playing with the new amp.......I tell ya, tweaking the knobs on this thing is a trip.....and the slower I go, the more I hear nuances in the settings......which seems to be the key.....go slow, listen, tweak until done.....(sounds like a cooking show......)........................gibs

Hey Gibs...Ive been lookin at pickin up an amp similar to that. If you wouldnt mind PMing me with the same info Eyeslikefire requested Id appreciate it. Have fun with that little bad boy...I wish I had one.

gibs said:
eyeslikefire, check yer private messaging.........gibs
:cool:

Muchas gracias friend!
I really appreciate it, I've been wanting to buy a Mesa for around
15 years. ~whew!~
Maybe I'll take the plunge....

Okay... now I'm interested.

Can you send me the info via Private Message, gibs?

I'm looking at new amps right now, and I'd be willing to part with a few extra $$$ to get a great product like Mesa Boogie.... provided the price is so reasonable that I'd be a fool to pass it up! ;)

Congratulations!Bet that amp rocks!Mesa/Boogie has always made some very cool amps!Best amp I've ever had was a Mark3 "long frame head"...Once you've "Boogied" you never really go back..LOL..Good luck

Don

Gibs,

I have a DC-3 puppy....and I am still find tons of new tone every time I fire it up...

I though I was buying a small combo for home use....but as you have pointed out, that Mesa gain is unreal, - forget the stated wattage...!

Enjoy!

/DMM

B-B-B-Boogie Fever!

Hi Gibs & MCMD,

I have a DC-3 puppy

And I have a DC-2. :) It doesn't look a lot different to yours Gibs, I don't have the graphic EQ like MCMD's does.

I haven't found my own "sound" yet, but I reckon I'm pretty durned close! ;) I rather favour the "Pushed Blues" setting that's shown in the manual that came with the amp.

It's a lovely amp, and heavy as something that's very, very heavy!
25 watts of window rattling heaven!

--
BluesMeister

Mesa is so good.

I was so sick of playing through Marshalls (even hot-rodded 800's) that just didn't have the tone/feel/gain, and even digital amps such as the Line 6 HD's that always seemed to feed back like crazy when set for high gain.

...So I took the plunge and bought a Mesa Triple Rectifier. It was a hefty $4000, but well worth it. The 3 channels offer crazy combinations....most of which I haven't yet explored, but man....you can never go back. Enjoy your amp, I know I have and will. Greg. :)

Back