Bottoms Up - Cover

I like what I think is that latest version (mix NV) mainly because the vocals are nice and clear. It sounds a bit mono to me. I'm not sure what control you have over the individual elements but I would like the guitars to go wider even if you fake it (which might help the drums come down the middle). The drums generally sound too far back but the hi hat sometimes sounds close.

Thanks for the feedback. I have some control, but due to bleed, it is limited. The guitars didn't go wide as I had to hide the acoustic under the electric. So I tucked the bad sounding acoustic under the electric as I need the acoustic for the fill.

Drums, I could have probably done these better, but I didn't take this any further as I felt this was the best this take was going to be. In the future, I will try and get a better source recording so I can improve on the drum mix.

Some of the issues with the recording was my learning curve and the limited time to do the recording. Next time, I will get a dry run so I can set the mics to improve the tracking.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Back