Boss me-30

cassio

Hi, I was wondering if I could use the Boss me-30 compression and reverb effects for vocals or do I need a more dedicated unit? If so I might purchase one. By the way, does anybody know if the Boss me-30 contains a chromatic tuner or just a normal guitar tuner. Thanks!

I have an ME-30, but I only use it for guitar. It seems like it would be a little too noisy for vocals.
If vocals are what you mainly want it for, you'd probably be better off with something like a Lexicon MPX-100.

I also use mine for vocals and acoustic guitar and will probably be trying it on acoustic piano soon, too. Loudnaybor is right though, it can be noisy. It helps a little if I turn off the flouescent lights in the basement, use the shortest cords I have, and put as few effects as possible in the chain. I've also gotten less noise by blending the original and processed signals together together, but that gives a more subtle effect. Depends on the sound I want.

It would be nice to have something better but I haven't been able to negotiate that purchase yet. It's also fun trying to squeeze everything you can out of what you have (at least that's what I keep telling myself). Anyway, I still use a Tascam 414 and it does an OK job for that setup, but I'm sure a dedicated effects processor and/or a better multitracker would sound a lot better. But for now it doesn't really hurt the sound I get and I can use it as a tool for learning how to use the various effects when recording.

The tuner is a chromatic tuner. You can fret any note and it will tell you the note and use an LED to indicate a sharp. It doesn't just tune to E-A-D-G-B-E.

[This message has been edited by DaveO (edited 03-14-2000).]

Back