Boss DR880: Assistance needed on composing a simple bass track

mbrines

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone knowledgeable on the DR880 can help me with a step by step process on this idea I have:

Here's what I want to do using the DR880:

1. Compose a simple bass track (single notes), in 4/4 time
2. Begin the bass track in the chord of A, for the first four beats (to be used as a count-in beat)
3. After the count-in, use the chord of B, for the first beat. The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th beats will be in the chord of C
4. Allow the 4/4 pattern to continue playing, without the count-in being repeated, until I hit stop on the DR880
a. So the bass chord pattern would look like this AAAABCCCBCCCBCCC...
5. Maintain the capability to change tempo on the new pattern using the DR880 "tempo" button and rotary dial to select new tempo while playing the pattern

One question:
1. Once the new pattern has been created (and stored), do the bass notes, play thru the MIDI out connector on rear of DR880 ?

P.S. I know the count in pattern, in the DR880, in the form of a hi-hat could be used but I only want to use an "A" bass note as my count-in

Thank you very much for your time,

Mo Brines
Concord NC

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone knowledgeable on the DR880 can help me with a step by step process on this idea I have:

Here's what I want to do using the DR880:

1. Compose a simple bass track (single notes), in 4/4 time
2. Begin the bass track in the chord of A, for the first four beats (to be used as a count-in beat)
3. After the count-in, use the chord of B, for the first beat. The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th beats will be in the chord of C
4. Allow the 4/4 pattern to continue playing, without the count-in being repeated, until I hit stop on the DR880
a. So the bass chord pattern would look like this AAAABCCCBCCCBCCC...
5. Maintain the capability to change tempo on the new pattern using the DR880 "tempo" button and rotary dial to select new tempo while playing the pattern

One question:
1. Once the new pattern has been created (and stored), do the bass notes, play thru the MIDI out connector on rear of DR880 ?

P.S. I know the count in pattern, in the DR880, in the form of a hi-hat could be used but I only want to use an "A" bass note as my count-in

Thank you very much for your time,

Mo Brines
Concord NC
Just an update, I've figured out how to build a "pattern" in the DR880 for the count-in and a 2nd pattern for the looping metronome, using three bass notes. I brought the two patterns into a "song" in the DR880 and it works. Now, on to figure out how to send this song thru the MIDI out on the DR880. Thank you.

Back