boss dr-670

RoOkiE85

whos runnin this drum machine and what are you running it thru? just bought one and dont know how to use it or run it thru...let me know...please help...thanks..

whos runnin this drum machine and what are you running it thru? just bought one and dont know how to use it or run it thru...let me know...please help...thanks..

Whats the trouble with it? I have one that I just run the stereo outputs into my mixer-I wouldn't bother with the Bass sounds-turn them off in the utility mode. If you don't have the manual, go to the Roland/Boss website and register with them, after they send a verification email and you respond, you can download the DR-670 manual as well as manuals for Roland/Boss keyboards, pedals and tons of other things.....

Whats the trouble with it? I have one that I just run the stereo outputs into my mixer-I wouldn't bother with the Bass sounds-turn them off in the utility mode. If you don't have the manual, go to the Roland/Boss website and register with them, after they send a verification email and you respond, you can download the DR-670 manual as well as manuals for Roland/Boss keyboards, pedals and tons of other things.....

well, thats the thing...i'm new at this recording field and have a mixer and some condensers but dont know how to hook them up into my computer and put all this together...

Zoom RT223 Rhythm Trak Drum Machine

What do you think about the RT223...............and I'm looking at getting something like the Fostex MR8HD 8-track...I would assume it's fairly easy to construct a drum line and record it onto one track of the recorder and go from there...

well, thats the thing...i'm new at this recording field and have a mixer and some condensers but dont know how to hook them up into my computer and put all this together...

A good sound card for you're computer is where I would start, I use an EMU 0404 PCI card sound card myself and I built a lot of custom cables to get it all connected, but there are quite a few available at around the $100 price range. Like I said before, I run my signals into a mixer board-an older Mackie 1202-but there are some Yamaha boards that will do fine for a lot less.
Lots of people here use the Reaper program to record audio tracks and its a very affordable program from what I've read in the forums. A really good place for you to star is to read the Tweakheadz site-there is a wealth of great info to get you started and you will find yourself revisiting it as you learn and discover more recording tricks.

http://http://www.tweakheadz.com/guide

ok...now that i got this thing running...how do i use it? can i make my own drum beats? how? how do i put in bass progressions?

Sorry, I'm not trying to sound sarcastic.

If you have read the manual and have some specific questions, please let us know. It just sounds as if you are starting from complete scratch. Reading the manual is the best way to start. :)

Back