Boss BR1600 as pc controller?

Treskalle

Hey!

Just checking out the BR1600. Can't find the things I want about it. Perhaps someone here would be happy to help? :D

1. I need more inputs. So thought of using the BR1600 for drums and other more-inputs work. One thing I wonder. If you record onto a CD or the hard-drive, would that be in multitrack on the cd or hard-drive or only stereo track?

2. Is it possible to use it for a control surface with Pro Tools or other DAWS?

Sorry for the, perhaps, obvious question:o

1. You can't record directly to the cd only to the hard drive. You then need to mix to a stereo pair that's then burnt to a cd in 16/44 which can then be played on any cd player. If you need to get the tracks out of the BR1600 you have to export them via USB 2 as .wav files. It's very slow.

2. No.

:)

Thanks for answers! It have midi in and out. Anyways it's a bit expensive, heard the sound quality wasn't that bad either. Think I would try out the Zoom R16, due to my economy and needs, but the sound quality ain't that good I've read. *think out loud* TOL

Anyways! Thanks again for answers! :D

That the Zoom R16 isn't the best sound quality? A porta studio from Zoom for the same price as the H4 handheld recorder from Zoom.. It's a bit mysterious?:P

Sorry, take everything I said back. Just heard some sound samples from the R16. I must say I'm impressed! I read in some forums that alot of people hated it because of the sound quality! It's much better than you pay for;)

Real sorry for the things I said: (

There, there now! :)
I've heard some sound samples of the Zoom R16 (Teyeshablue, I think) on this site and was absolutely blown away, both by his talent and the quality.
The BR16 is probably better. :drunk:

Back