booth like this

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/FlexiBoothB/ this thing looks pretty wicked the notable difference is that it is only 48 inches tall however it will still serve its purpose i've got something similar that i built a while back that worked very well. another key difference is that it is constructed with 6lb/cubic foot rigid fiberglass which absorbs broadband much better than foam and the price is a lil less steep i'm probably going to snag one myself good luck!:D

its better than foam?? r u sure like itll give me better sound results, cuz i dont know much so dont take it the wrong way or whatever but the other one wid foam LOOKS better, and of course i know looks dont mean anything but im just sayin

Foam sucks. It kills off a lot of highs, which gives the impression of quiet, but does nothing on the low end. You just dont notice cuz all the ambience is in the high freq's. Rigid fiberglass ie OC703 and OC705 absorbs the highs AND the lows better than any foam. You can buy OC703 for $100 for a 6 pack of 4'x2'x2" panels. Add a small frame, some fabric, you're at about $25-$30 per panel. That's a LOT cheaper than buying a booth like that, and it'll work a lot better too..

Search around for diy bass traps, panels, 0C703, broadband absorption, etc.

its better than foam?? r u sure like itll give me better sound results, cuz i dont know much so dont take it the wrong way or whatever but the other one wid foam LOOKS better, and of course i know looks dont mean anything but im just sayin

Haha...yeah, it's definitely better than foam. Foam has it's place, don't get me wrong, but you don't want to plaster the walls of a vocal booth with it. The results are pretty unpleasant acoustically speaking.

Frank

what "place" does foam have?

It's pretty good on the inside of guitar cases, roadcases, etc... Let see, what else.. How bout gym mats and bike seats, and for that matter, those pads around the frame bars on your bmx so you dont wrack your balls....

Foam definitely has its place :p

It's pretty good on the inside of guitar cases, roadcases, etc... Let see, what else.. How bout gym mats and bike seats, and for that matter, those pads around the frame bars on your bmx so you dont wrack your balls....

Foam definitely has its place :p

Hahaha...I like that answer.

Foam is great for knocking down flutter echo or just general decay time reduction in the high end. You just can't use it to the exclusion of bass trapping is all.

Frank

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/FlexiBoothB/ this thing looks pretty wicked the notable difference is that it is only 48 inches tall however it will still serve its purpose i've got something similar that i built a while back that worked very well. another key difference is that it is constructed with 6lb/cubic foot rigid fiberglass which absorbs broadband much better than foam and the price is a lil less steep i'm probably going to snag one myself good luck!:D

Yeah, I'd take that over the foam box anyday! If you were handy with tools, you could probably build something similar for for around a hundred bucks.

ok, does all this even fall true if Iam rapping, i been written for a while, just never thought id actually record it, so im really a noob at recording, so what do u mean when u say----
It kills off a lot of highs, which gives the impression of quiet, but does nothing on the low end. You just dont notice cuz all the ambience is in the high freq's
-----
No i dont wanna build nething, and that one booth Ninth hour posted, do i have to put that up on my wall, or i can i just have it standing on the ground, cuz i wont be able to put it on the wal...still live in moms house and shell say r u nuts.....
-----
also there HAS to be a reason why the foam is soo much more expensive...ne1 know why??

i just saw that it is 48 inches tall...that means ill tower over it unless i mount it..so it wont serve ne purpose

Foam is okay for certain things, But in no way is it and end all for acoustic treatment. If you think Foam works for anything but high frequencies you probably can't even hear, You should lock yourself in the foam "booth" and never post on this forum again.

foam is soooo horrible which is why soooo many professionals use it.....ok...smh

Which "professionals" are you referring to? :confused:

The answer is, they don't. I'd give you a more comprehensive answer if I could, but it's honestly that simple.

Frank

professionals...like the studios i have been in where the rapper has been in the booth rapping and the engineer outside the booth ummm engineering lol(and this person clearly states they are a rapper so they are just in a booth RAPPING).....there is no full band and there are no live instruments and im not talking about children...nobody said it was the END ALL SOLUTION but let's be serious...i hate when people try to act like they know EVERYTHING

professionals...like the studios i have been in where the rapper has been in the booth rapping and the engineer outside the booth ummm engineering lol(and this person clearly states they are a rapper so they are just in a booth RAPPING).....there is no full band and there are no live instruments and im not talking about children...nobody said it was the END ALL SOLUTION but let's be serious...i hate when people try to act like they know EVERYTHING

:cool:

You just said it all. Again, I'd challenge you to go into an actual professional environment and find a booth lined with foam. It's a terrible idea and that's that. Sorry you don't like the way the physics works out, but that's not my fault.

Do I know everything? Not by a long shot, but I'm not sure you want to go head-to-head with me on acoustics. We'll just leave it at that unless you want to break out your slide rule and talk wave propagation physics.

Frank

Back