Books on Acoustics

pandamonk

Hi guys,

Next year I'll be studying my honours year in Commercial Music, and for my dissertation plan to focus on Acoustics. I'm starting early, I don't start 4th year until September, and am compiling a reading list. Do you guys, especially our resident experts Ethan, Rod, etc., have any book/article suggestions? I already have: Master Handbook of Acoustics - F. Alton Everest, Basic Home Studio Design - Paul White, and a few recording studio books with acoustic sections; and I'm looking at:

The Sound Reinforcement Handbook - Gary Davis and Ralph Jones;
Home Recording Studio: Build it Like the Pros - our own Rodney Gervais;
The Little Red Book of Acoustics: A Practical Guide - Richard Watson;
Sound System Engineering - Don Davis and Eugene Patronis;
Recording Studio Design - Philip Newell;
Noise Control Manual for Residential Buildings - Cyril Harris;
Room Acoustics - Heinrich Kuttruff;
Acoustic Absorbers and Diffusers - Trevor J. Cox;
Acoustic Treatment and Design for Recording Studios and Listening Rooms - Ethan Winer;

Any more? Especially interesting articles!

Last edited:
Are you a member of ASA? If not join and look though the thousand of white papers on the subject...... there is a tremendous amount of knowledge sitting there......

Architectural-Acoustics

http://www.amazon.com/Architectural-Acoustics-M-David-Egan/dp/0070191115

Review
It would take a library of a dozen titles to duplicate what s in this one book. Architectural Acoustics is for the intelligent, college-level beginner, with a desire to learn basic concepts, as well as practical computation and design methods. There is nothing else in print that covers as broad an area of acoustics, and covers it in as much depth. --Ted Uzzle, Sound & Communications

:)

Are you a member of ASA? If not join and look though the thousand of white papers on the subject...... there is a tremendous amount of knowledge sitting there......
Wow thanks Rod. I hadn't heard of ASA. I've signed up and it's been put at the top of my bookmarks :D

Architectural-Acoustics

http://www.amazon.com/Architectural-Acoustics-M-David-Egan/dp/0070191115

Review
It would take a library of a dozen titles to duplicate what s in this one book. Architectural Acoustics is for the intelligent, college-level beginner, with a desire to learn basic concepts, as well as practical computation and design methods. There is nothing else in print that covers as broad an area of acoustics, and covers it in as much depth. --Ted Uzzle, Sound & Communications

:)
Cheers FitZ. I looked at that one. Don't know why I didn't include it... :o

What about Acoustics and Sound Insulation: Principles, Planning, Examples - Eckard Mommertz?

Back