Bon Jovi, anybody? Cover of "I'll Be There For You" inside...

BJW

I finished up recording a cover of "I'll Be There For You" by Bon Jovi. One of my favorite songs growing up. Mostly an acoustic vibe on this one. See what you think...

audio:

I put this up in Guitar Jam, but this might be a more appropriate place.

UPDATE: Video is up.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br7sxZUmoKg

in HD (720P): http://www.vimeo.com/1961327

Details (audio):
Acoustic Guitar: Takamine FD-360sc, recorded with a Studio Projects C1 and MXL 603s
Electric Guitar: Fender Jimmie Vaughan Sig Strat
Amp: Vox AD60vt, recorded with Studio Projects C1
Vocals: Studio Projects C1
Drums: Loops from Drums on Demand
Synth: Apple Logic (midi)
Recording Interface: Presonus FirePod
Sofware: Apple Logic

Details (video):
Camera: Canon HV20
Software: Apple Final Cut

Very nice man. Good to see someone else using DOD, I think they do really great loops. Acoustic sounds very full, so nicely done.

Vocals seem a little brittle to me...a bit too much on the treble side. But that might just be me.

Nice job, gotta love Bon Jovi.

i like! as a matter of fact i didn't know that song :) shame on me... i never was a bon jovi fan but your interpretation is very honest and with your intensive
singing it sounds like it was your own song....

as this is a very reduced version i would recommend to record the acoustic guitar twice and to position one track on the left and one on the right. this makes the acoustic guitar much more effective and makes a fuller sound... just my opinion

Very nice man. Good to see someone else using DOD, I think they do really great loops. Acoustic sounds very full, so nicely done.

Vocals seem a little brittle to me...a bit too much on the treble side. But that might just be me.

Nice job, gotta love Bon Jovi.

Thanks. I love DOD - great stuff. On the acoustic I recorded it a big different this time. Usually I get a thin, brittle sounding tone, but this one was great, in my opinion. I used a large diaphragm condensor (Studio Projects C1) and a small diaphragm condenser (MXL 603s) - just pointed them both at the sound-hole from different angles and let the guitar shine.

i like! as a matter of fact i didn't know that song :) shame on me... i never was a bon jovi fan but your interpretation is very honest and with your intensive
singing it sounds like it was your own song....

as this is a very reduced version i would recommend to record the acoustic guitar twice and to position one track on the left and one on the right. this makes the acoustic guitar much more effective and makes a fuller sound... just my opinion

Thanks! Yep - this doesn't sound much at all like the original.

Back