Bolero

DavidK

I had to cut the first 5 minutes to fit it on Soundclick. Hey, its just "dum, dumm dumm dumm dum, dum dumm dumm dumm dumm" over and over anyways.:D

Music by Ravel before I ruined it. Bolero

cool dude... always dug ravel... i put this in the same catagory as a debussey tune i like... wanna say it's called Fietes' or something like that... it sounds like a parade that is passing before you... starts soft builds and then soft again as it leaves you... cool piece... you've probably done it before... anyhow once again props...

I have to admit I'm not a fan of the snare drum part - I think that Ravel could have added some variety to it. It has it's purpose but a few rolls and crashes would be cool (like at the end). It's best when slightly buried under the music part where it can carry but not be overly obvious (just my preference).

Mix sounds good - everything easy to pick out and as with all you rpieces there's lots to listen to. :cool:

You've chosen some good patches here - voices/flute/horn/woodwind/bells etc. nice layering too. The string sections are my favorites but the string+synth works well too.

The bass/drum part at end really contributes to the marching/ominous sound of the piece.

Evokes Arabian Nights and dancers with sari's? swirling around the stage...

Reminder - do not press the backspace key after 5 minutes of writing response...you lose eveything you've written....lol:rolleyes::D:(

ruin it???...no way, this is a really nice rendition, I really enjoyed it. I love the way you manage to put so much space in the arrangement. It really sounds like you're sitting in a theatre with the orchestra in front of you. The synth sounds are amazing....
I remenber being a teen (long time ago), me and my buddies used to associate this with Purple's Child In Time (of all songs!) because of the rythm, so we found it cool (we were stoned most of the time, you see...). My buddy actually had it on vynil :eek:
no I think Ravel would have been happy too ;)

Cheers
Joe
:D:D

Thanks for checkin it out DC, Gerry and Joey.:)

wanna say it's called Fietes' or something like that

It's called "Fetes" ( which means "Festivals"). Its the 2nd mvmt of a piece called "Nocturnes". Great piece.

I have to admit I'm not a fan of the snare drum part

It's never been one of my favorite pieces. I wanted to do a few "popular" songs on this album.:D

(we were stoned most of the time, you see...).

I was stoned every day. That went away when I started drinking instead.:D

only 9:12???

you'll have to stretch this one somehow if you want to make it commercially acceptable dude......:rolleyes:

How you been Davis....err...ummm David?:cool:

I like it best when your fiddles...err...ummm.. I mean violins starts after 4:00

how many violin tracks are on this David?

The performance is spot on as is the timing....
The midi parts are really good for midi but, somehow I thought the synth parts on your last album sounded more "real"....are you using different soundfonts?

only nit on the mix is the timpani.
sounds a bit dull (low cut - hi-mid boost) and a bit low level wise in the mix....
someone already pointed out the snare....

Good to see you online my friend....be cool Davis:cool:....er-ah.....

:p:rolleyes::D;)

Nice mate. I always have loved this tune. The snare is kind of hypnotic. I like getting hypnotised by things that aren't illegal.

Thanks for checkin it out Stupid, Joe and Monkey.:cool:

I'm scrapping this one.:D I don't like it. It just isnt working out. I have amassed a lot of material for this album and I can pick and choose. I choose to throw this one away.:D

Back